Report a buyer for misconduct

A buyer requested me for a banner and I asked very early on if they had specific preferences. They said no then after 3 revisions they completely changed and asked a different design, a very specific one which they didn’t instruct properly like they wanted. I still delivered that thrice because she wasn’t giving me any proper instructions. Then she made a dispute saying I can’t do the work and she wanted to cancel. I later found out in a second dispute (because I had politely cancelled the first sending her the modified file) that she was supposed to give me the source file to make the same background of the banner which she neither mentioned nor provided the source file and did the banner herself as she needed it in the requested 6 hours(most of which she wasted in being negligent and unprofessional by not giving the proper files and instructions) I am the one at loss here. I did then mutually cancel the order because I didn’t want a bad review from her, she was very unprofessional and rude. I want to report her to fiverr. How can I do that with maximum chances of fiverr taking an action.

I’m sorry this happened to you. It is clear that the buyer was just trying to extract as much work from you as she could without having to pay more. Make sure to let her know that she does not have permission to use, reproduce, share or modify your work in any way or form as it is protected under copyright law. That should prevent her from trying anything funny.

Regarding the report, there are several ways you can do it. You can go to her user page, hit the report button under her name and select the option you think fits best. If you want to go the extra mile, you may click the “Other” checkbox and write in great extent your reasons for reporting her. You can also contact Customer Support and report her from over there, this way you’ll at least get a response from them.

She isn’t worth working with, but she didn’t get to download the file and use it, so she didn’t break the ToS, therefore there is nothing to report.

Fiverr doesn’t penalize buyers for being indecisive. They only penalize them if they scam. She didn’t get the file so you didn’t get scammed.

Archived