Report or not

ryan9999

Recently I received an order from a buyer who sent me some screencast link to explain the job and further wrote her e-mail id (alphabetically) asking me to send my credentials. In a reply, I asked her that if she is aware of the Fiverr TOS or not. She responded very bluntly, asking me to cancel the order. So, I sent her the cancellation message. Is it enough or should I report further to the Fiverr team. Also, when I clicked on the link, it landed me to her recorded screen with some instructions. Is it some sort of a phishing scam?

Hey…maybe you are receiving the same message… it looks like somekind of spam… feature_gig or gig_features is sending this message asking for my details to get on a new web service…that will advertize my gigs and it sounds like strange that fiverr will ask for my details to get my gigs advertized on a new web site…

do you guys know if this is spam?

Ok, I want to add-on one more thing more guys. This buyer is a top buyer on Fiverr since 2012. (In new updates, there is a symbol attached to the buyer name revealing the statuses of the buyers such as, “Repeat Buyer”, “Top Buyer” etc.)

So, she must have a credibility. This is where I am stuck.

Reply to @ryan9999: Hmmmmmmmmmm…it is hard to believe that she became a TRS with those type of tactics so I understand why you are hesitant. A TRS is probably under the microscope more than others so it is hard to believe she would purposely violate the TOS and risk losing her TRS. Hmmmmm, are you sure there was not a misunderstanding or miscommunication?

Reply to @ryan9999: I haven’t seen any comment from Fiverr about “Top Buyer” badges and I doubt they mean anything about credibility. I have seen sellers theorize that they get the badge for spending a certain amount of money so I don’t think it gives them much protection when they break ToS. I would guess Fiverr hoped to appease those hoping to see real Buyer levels based on feedback. After all, we sellers aren’t that bright and not likely to question if the badges mean something. (insert sarcasm tone) 😉 I agree with those saying report.

Reply to @ryan9999: They did finally create a way to make a ticket for reporting accounts. Go to open a regular ticket but choose “Trust and Safety” when you get a field that offers that. You’ll see another dropdown that lets you report bad gigs or problem accounts, etc. (Thank goodness Fiverr finally added that in the support section. I only found out yesterday and it does work - the account I had to report was removed today.)

Archived