Request gigs, and how to remove them

digitalwizard

Have a specific service/need you are looking for? Don’t have time to search through gigs at the moment? Well then this is where Request Gigs come in. The Request Gigs section is found on the right side of most pages on Fiverr.com, right under a graphic and link for the Fiverr User Protection Policy. It is important to note here that Request Gigs is NOT for posting what you will do for $5! That belongs with actual posing of a Gig!

Once you have decided to work with someone then it is only right to remove your request. Leaving a Gig Request up after you have found a Seller to work with, is just a frustration. It wastes your time continuing to get responses when a response is no longer needed, and it wastes the time of the person searching for potential work through the Gig Requests. Removing a Gig Request is a simple process. Any Gig Request you have posted will appear right above the Request Gigs section, in a section titled My Requests. Just click the small underlined word “Remove” and this will remove your request and the “My Requests” will also disappear.

• 1 year later...

MAKE IT EASIER FOR YOUR USERS INSTEAD OF PREACH

INSTEADInstead of preaching that fiverr.com users (people like me) should remove their Gig Requests, perhaps you should figure out how to ensure it’s easy for people to do so and or after a certain time frame gets removed autaomtically (if you’re truly that concerned)…

I’M A TECHIE AND STRUGGLED TO FIND "REMOVE GIG"

I’m a web consultant (/techie) and have worked on the web since 1994. … 1.I couldn’t find how to remove my gig (it’s been live for ages) and 2.I even had to use Google search query in order to find this bloody instructional page of yours (I googled: remove gig site:fiverr.com).

IMPROVE FIVERR.COM & DO USABILITY TESTING

FYI. The above is the fact on this matter ie.You don’t make it at all easy or obvious to find how to remove ‘gig request’ - I’ve tried/looked for around 30mins!!! Do some proper usability testing using guinea pigs who’ve no idea about the web and you’ll soon learn your site has many usability improvements to make.

I am annoyed and frustrated at the time this has wasted me!!!

YOUR INSTRUCTIONS ARE WRONG

… I’ve just gone to implement your above instruction on how to “Remove a Gig Request” and it doesn’t work. I eventually figured it out via the following steps…

HOW TO ACTUALLY REMOVE A GIG REQUEST (as of March 2015) …

Top right Drop Down (where it says my account name) > My Orders > Gig Request > Bin Icon (to delete it).

MUST DELETE ONLY ?? CAN’T SAVE GIG REQUEST, PAUSE or DEACTIVATE !!

It seems I can’t simply “make inactive” or “pause” - Your site fiverr.com only gives me the harsh choice of make inactive - not great from your Sales perspective either as it means should I want to launch a gig like this again I’ll have to startover from scratch!!

Very Poor usability!!

Archived