Fiverr Community Forum

“Requesting to gain more services from sellers beyond the agreed requirements by using the Request Revisions button is not allowed.”

Hi,
First of all I’m new on this forum, so I don’t really know if this is the right place to ask, so a mod can move this to the right topic if this is the wrong place.

But I offer shoutouts for Instagram, one of my buyers came back 15h after the story is posted makes a revision on the order and ask’s to cancel since he said he got only one click on his link, telling my followers are fake etc…

First of all this is a private account (you have to follow to see the content), so how can my likes be fake, when I get around 500-2,5k likes per post? :slight_smile: Yes it’s a big account but everyone know that all your followers don’t like all your post. But since this is a private account I offer the links buyer request in my bio, since the swipe up feature don’t work on private accounts.

Then he starts to tell me that he got only one click, and that’s his click. And show me some screenshots from a website that tracks link or something. I always check the link 2-3 times from I get the link to it’s on my bio, and on the screenshot it did not say which link etc that have gotten only one click.

I’ve also mentioned in all the gigs I offer shoutout for that I do not guarantee for any followers or sales, but link clicks is not mentioned, but if you read that I do not guarantee those two things, then you should think that it’s the same for links.

Then I quoted him from Fiverr’s ToS
“Requesting to gain more services from sellers beyond the agreed requirements by using the Request Revisions button is not allowed.”

https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service

I wrote something like this above to him, and the order status is “In revision”, what now?

Thanks
Matta

Did you show the buyer stats which showed the views/clicks your shout out got? Something like that might help.

It depends on what the buyer asked for in the revision. Though if you don’t offer revisions you could say that. It might be better/safer to contact CS about it and see what they suggest.

Hey, unfortunately no, I only told him my average storyviews (after he ordered).

He basically told me to shut down my story and told my followers are fake because of the low clicks, thats it. I still have story up and link in bio until the 24h have passed.

You could maybe discuss it with the buyer and try to find out which link he means and check whether he’s checking the right link/page/stats.

You could also show him your view stats for your shout out like suggested if you have them and if it’s okay to show that. You could crop any other stats out if you wanted.

Like suggested you could contact CS about it and if the buyer is asking for additional services not offered in your gig you could let CS know. Maybe they’ll be able to cancel it without it affecting stats.

He did check again and he had a few more views he said, I just think that my followers were not interested maybe?

Yeah I gave him average view stats AFTER he ordered yesterday.

I might contact CS soon, but I also found this from ToS:
“Orders are not eligible to be cancelled based on the quality of service/materials delivered by the Seller if the service was rendered as described in the Gig Page. Buyers may rate their experience with the Seller on the Order Page, including the overall level of service quality received.”

So I have delivered an shoutout with his picture, usertag, text and link in bio, does that qualify?

Yes I assume that’s what they mean re: quality of service/materials. ie. if you’ve delivered everything exactly as you described you would in the gig description (and no less) there shouldn’t be any problem, ie. according to that, if you have, there’s no reason the buyer can get a refund.

The way it’s worded in the TOS is also probably to cover design work etc. whereas you’re not doing that, just delivering the service and things as you described you would. So the buyer isn’t entitled to a refund I think.

Thank you, I’ve sent both the buyer and CS a message, and we will see how it goes!

1 Like

Good on you! If you’ve told a Buyer they are not eligible to revise an order but they click ‘Request Revisions’ anyway, you can also re-deliver the original order (if already done to specifications). Find a template here (for future situations, and edit to be relevant to your gig): Buyers abusing revisions + fake language barrier

1 Like

Thank you, I’ll check it out!

The buyer ended up agreeing on what I told, some hours after the order was marked as “completed”, I got an email from Support and they also did agree.

This is a common practice of horrible buyers abusing the revision button to get free work. Never do this, literally never.

1 Like