Required gig title error

dt_smith

Hello to all,
I am typing a gig title, trying it so many different ways and running into the same end result. No matter what I type, it will not save and continue, but returns me to a section which becomes highlighted in a red box. I’ve read of this repeated issue from others but not with specifics addressed, which are these: I am not using all caps in the title. I am not repeating words (including “I will” which is written as a required start for all of us). I am not making up words or spelling them incorrectly or using any punctuation other than commas. I am not including urls. I understand the requirements, and the simplicity of writing a sentence that fulfills the purpose of the gig title. I’ve looked at other people’s gig titles and found spelling errors. I’m writing nothing beyond such straightforward statements that we see here all over the place, such as “I will record professional narration” or that same thing with a few added words. What’s the problem? How is anyone getting past that?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Hello to all,

I am typing a gig title, trying it so many different ways and running into the same end result. No matter what I type, it will not save and continue, but returns me to a section which becomes highlighted in a red box. I’ve read of this repeated issue from others but not with specifics addressed, which are these: I am not using all caps in the title. I am not repeating words (including “I will” which is written as a required start for all of us). I am not making up words or spelling them incorrectly or using any punctuation other than commas. I am not including urls. I understand the requirements, and the simplicity of writing a sentence that fulfills the purpose of the gig title. I’ve looked at other people’s gig titles and found spelling errors. I’m writing nothing beyond such straightforward statements that we see here all over the place, such as “I will record professional narration” or that same thing with a few added words. What’s the problem? How is anyone getting past that?

or using any punctuation other than commas.

Try without using commas.

• Like 8

If you type “gig title error” in the search bar above there are several posts on the subject offering different solutions which you could try.

Also, check this out: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010451397-Creating-a-Gig

Yes, all the solutions offered in the other posts are what I addressed above and wanted to be clear about before anyone replied, things I already know not to do and am not doing, or just do not apply to this case. Why can’t we write a sentence and move on to the next section?

• Like 6

Yes, all the solutions offered in the other posts are what I addressed above and wanted to be clear about before anyone replied, things I already know not to do and am not doing, or just do not apply to this case. Why can’t we write a sentence and move on to the next section?

Could you provide a screenshot of the message?

• Like 8

Also commas are allowed as there are quite a lot of gig titles with commas. Hyphens/minus signs aren’t allowed.

Are you writing the “I will” bit or are you just writing the part after “I will”?. Just the bit after the “I will” needs to be written.

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...

You’ve added a full stop/period after “narration” in the gig title. Try removing it.

Commas are allowed in gig titles but I don’t think full stops/periods are.

Thank you. This has been the most ridiculous thing ever, disallowed to type in correct sentences, having to waste loads of time trying to find the right fellow users to tell me which correct punctuation to stop using. Again, Thank YOU, and not in any way this site.

• Like 7

• 9 months later...

Hi there, I am trying my gig title for about thousand times but its unable to save and continue. I have tried that title with different words but its not working. when I try to save and continue its shows that ''title contains only words or numbers''. Please guide me what I can do about that. Need help asap.

My gig title is:

I will design a significant book cover or/and a eBook cover.

Just tell me what I am doing wrong here.

• Like 5
  • Congrats! 2

Remove the "/" character (you may need to reword it after) and if there's a full stop/period at the end, remove that too.

It says in the error message that only words and numbers are allowed (though commas are allowed too).

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 6
  • Up 1

• 1 year later...

Good day everyone.

Please I need help regarding my gig title. I was trying to create a new gig on "ebook writer".

While filling my gig title, I followed the rules and guidelines to avoid error response when saving the page but whenever I try to save the page I keep getting error reply that the gig title can only contain number and alphabet.

This is what I typed in the gig title

" ebook writer, ghost writing, ghostwriter, ebook writing, ebook"

Without "" sign and yet it is not saving.

Please what do I do to resolve this issue?

Thanks.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Do you have a screenshot of the page that's giving the error message (since if you've not used the " character it looks okay)?

Though saying "I will ebook writer," could be improved as a title really.

eg. if you were proofreading a buyer's document and they had written "I will ebook writer, " or "I will proofreading..." would you suggest that those should be changed?

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...