Research & Summary Writing Gigs?

brittanymsmith

I had a gig denied for violating the “HW and academic work” rule, which I agree with because that’s a huge integrity issue. I have read the terms of service, and the help content - I’ve also looked at approved gigs in the Research & Summary subsection of Writing & Translation that are active and highly rated. I thought my gig was okay and clear enough that it would be understood I would write for niche websites, not students trying to buy fraudulent work. There are active, successful gigs almost identical to my denied gig and that’s adding to my confusion. So, I have 2 questions:

1. How can you make it absolutely, 100% clear in your gig that you will not do homework or academic assignments, and that your service is for niche websites?

2. Will having a gig denied have an impact on my account? My account does not seem to be restricted, and I did not receive an email stating I received a warning.

I had a gig denied for violating the “HW and academic work” rule, which I agree with because that’s a huge integrity issue. I have read the terms of service, and the help content - I’ve also looked at approved gigs in the Research & Summary subsection of Writing & Translation that are active and highly rated. I thought my gig was okay and clear enough that it would be understood I would write for niche websites, not students trying to buy fraudulent work. There are active, successful gigs almost identical to my denied gig and that’s adding to my confusion. So, I have 2 questions:

1. How can you make it absolutely, 100% clear in your gig that you will not do homework or academic assignments, and that your service is for niche websites?

2. Will having a gig denied have an impact on my account? My account does not seem to be restricted, and I did not receive an email stating I received a warning.

How can you make it absolutely, 100% clear in your gig that you will not do homework or academic assignments, and that your service is for niche websites?

By mentioning it in your gig description. You can just have a separate paragraph/note in your gig description which states that the services you provide are specifically aimed at customers with niche websites and that you do not offer academic/HW services. However, make sure that your gig doesn’t have any “trigger” words, such as “academic,” “homework,” etc. You need to find a way of conveying that info without using these trigger words. 🙂

Will having a gig denied have an impact on my account? My account does not seem to be restricted, and I did not receive an email stating I received a warning.

If you did not receive an email stating that you received a warning, the denied gig had no impact on your account. This is good news! If you are going to create a new gig (similar to the denied gig), I believe you can take Fiverr CS’s help and ask them to take a look at your newly drafted gig to confirm that it meets their requirements.

Archived