Fiverr Forum

Responce rate dropping, please help

Within 1 day my response rate went from 100% to 90%. Also I logged in today and it dropped another percent point, now having me in the orange.

I haven’t the slightest idea why this is happening. Does anyone know exactly what factors contribute to the response rate. I always respond to my inbox messages. I looked through the Response Time & Rate FAQ and it didn’t really help me figure out why response rate is dropping.

The only thing I could think of is an inbox message someone sent me after I completed a project for them. But the FAQ said that those don’t contribute to response rate. I didn’t even think to respond to them because it wasn’t really a question or anything that warranted a response.

If anyone can help me that would be greatly appreciated, I don’t know whats causing my rate to drop and I am worried it won’t stop.

well, I personally do not bother how it works but I make it a point to reply to every single buyer including those who requested me to do something out of my scope.

If you really want an answer, you should contact support.

P/s: Having the same buyer purchase from you over & over. Man, you are lucky!

Same thing happened to me and I was responding and my 100% went down to 50% and I did respond. I think this is an unfair feature and would like Fiverr to make an adjustment to this feature.

Actually response rate tells how many first time messages are replied in 24 hours. Let me give you an example. If someone contacts you for the first time, you should reply back to them in 24 hours or asap. If that same person messages you second time or so, you may reply at your convenience (though you should reply asap) and it will not affect your response rate but it will affect your response time. Hope it helps.

I also used to suffer from this :frowning:

mine is showing 71% and the responce time is showing 7hrs,fiverr team should fixe this.

Review and edit your gigs, keep the response time low and ensure you deliver on time.

I think the response rare has some issues. As for me, I don’t bother about it. And I think K you shouldn’t either. What you should be bothered with is your ratings- ATLEAST that is what your buyers would see.

I had my Response Rate drop from 100% to 90% yesterday, and couldn’t figure out why either; I politely contacted Fiverr support, and they almost immediately responded that it was an error, and they corrected my rate back to 100% within about 5 minutes. :slight_smile:

So if you know you’ve responded to all inquiries, you can politely ask them to review. They’re usually very fast and responsive, especially if you’re calm and ask them nicely. I think they’ve just been having some random site issues lately, and they seem to be aware of them.

My advice is to put your focus on driving customers to your profile page through social media or whatever means you can. You’ll see that response rate climb back up real quick and you’ll be doing the happy money dance.

Thank you for your advice I did end up contacting support

Also yes I am very fortunate to have my repeat buyer.

Thank you for your res ponce, I ended up contacting support, and if it something that is bothering you as well I suggest you do the same, just remember to be polite.

Thank you very much for your feedback, and further explanation of how the response rate and time works.

Thank you very much for responding, I ended up contacting Fiverr and hopefully it will help.

If you do not reply to a message, the response rate will drop emmang.
Just reply to words like thank you, then your response rate will rise

You are welcome :slight_smile:

Great, I hope so! All the best on here!

-Donny