Fiverr Forum

Responding to Gig Requests - I Never Get a Response Back with Any of Them

… does anyone else experience this?

I have sent at least a total of 10 messages out to those who placed a Gig Request for something I believe I could do for them. But I have not received a response back at all for any of them.

I usually just message them saying: “Hi there! I seen you were looking for someone who could _______________ for you. I would be more than happy to help! Please get back with me as soon as you can. Thanks.” or something along those lines.

Am I the only one that has attempted to make some sales by contacting those who places a Gig Request and have had absolutely no luck? Or, is this a normal occurrence on Fiverr?

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: Hmm :confused: It would be nice to get some extra orders this way, but if it never works out, might as well not waste time on trying with it. :frowning:

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: It very well could be we were too late in responding and the buyer had already found someone else to do it. I suppose it’s not too much work to keep trying every now and then when you spot something you can do in the Request Gigs section.

I do this most of the time and only got 1 reply out of 50+messages I sent.

What I got: “Got it fixed already”

:-??

I’ve had one person order my gig after messaging people about their requests. They never replied to the message and it took me some time to realise that the gig order was from someone I messaged since there was no mention of it (I was looking on my phone at the time and couldn’t put two and two together!)

I’ve had two gigs from gig requests on the side bar. But I’ve messaged maybe around half a dozen, so … Then again, my services are sort of unique, so I don’t have as much competition that jumps on the requests as soon as they are posted. There are probably a whole bunch of sellers who spend most of their time scanning the side bar and since they don’t disappear that quickly, they are probably snapped up immediately.

I do a lot of that too, responding to gig requests. However, the response is not nearly as good as I’d like it to be. Once in a while I get an order out of it but not very often. So I can understand the frustration. I think the key is to keep trying and offer something unique.