Response rate and spam messages

I think I have the same problem. I have been a level 2 seller for years with all of my stats way above the required amount. I was so close to having enough earnings to become a top seller. I just got demoted to a level 1 seller because the response rate suddenly dropped to 89%. I am guessing it is because I got a couple of spam messages a while back. This is ridiculous. I think they need to reevaluate how they are calculating the response rate.

I had that issue often. Try following the instructions here precisely, that helped me the last time to keep my rate where it should be, hope it will help you too:

So, When Don’t I Have To Respond?
There are types of messages that will not be factored into the Response Rate:
Spam and Solicitations: You do not have to reply to spam and solicitations in your inbox. As long as you report the message as spam, it will not count against you.
Reporting a spam message is simple: just click the word “Report” next to a new message (and all messages from the user). After you report it, you need to delete the message (only the first message if you received a number of messages).
To report spam on the mobile app, use the Send Feedback option, which then contacts the Fiverr team.
Once a transaction is over: There is no need to keep a conversation going after its reached a natural conclusion. Continuing to reply to messages in this case will not impact your Response Time or Rate.

You should mark the message as unspam, answer to it and report spam again. This is also recommended by Fiverr.

You should mark the message as unspam, answer to it and report spam again. This is also recommended by Fiverr.

This is why I always answer to spam. A simple “no, don’t contact me again” will be enough to keep your response rate perfect!

I have never had this problem, been on the platform since Oct 2017. Often times by the time (10-20 min) I get to a spam message, the system has already blocked it and hasn’t allowed me to report or respond.

Any messages that are spam, I just reply “spam” and report it.

Archived