Fiverr Community Forum

Response rate and spam messages

I don’t understand why fiverr says that spams won’t affect your response rate but mines did. did anybody else experience this also?

I think I have the same problem. I have been a level 2 seller for years with all of my stats way above the required amount. I was so close to having enough earnings to become a top seller. I just got demoted to a level 1 seller because the response rate suddenly dropped to 89%. I am guessing it is because I got a couple of spam messages a while back. This is ridiculous. I think they need to reevaluate how they are calculating the response rate.

1 Like

I had that issue often. Try following the instructions here precisely, that helped me the last time to keep my rate where it should be, hope it will help you too:

So, When Don’t I Have To Respond?
There are types of messages that will not be factored into the Response Rate:
Spam and Solicitations: You do not have to reply to spam and solicitations in your inbox. As long as you report the message as spam, it will not count against you.
Reporting a spam message is simple: just click the word “Report” next to a new message (and all messages from the user). After you report it, you need to delete the message (only the first message if you received a number of messages).
To report spam on the mobile app, use the Send Feedback option, which then contacts the Fiverr team.
Once a transaction is over: There is no need to keep a conversation going after its reached a natural conclusion. Continuing to reply to messages in this case will not impact your Response Time or Rate.

2 Likes

You should mark the message as unspam, answer to it and report spam again. This is also recommended by Fiverr.

1 Like

This is why I always answer to spam. A simple “no, don’t contact me again” will be enough to keep your response rate perfect!

1 Like

I have never had this problem, been on the platform since Oct 2017. Often times by the time (10-20 min) I get to a spam message, the system has already blocked it and hasn’t allowed me to report or respond.

Any messages that are spam, I just reply “spam” and report it.

2 Likes