Response Rate Decreasing!

jameslovell

Hey, I’ve found that there may be a bug with the response percentage. Sometimes if a spammer sends mail to lots of people and their account is deleted, any messages that person sent you are removed from your inbox but for some reason, still count towards your percentage. I wouldn’t worry about too much because in a few days it’ll correct itself.

My response rate has gone down due to 2 reasons:

1. I got a few spam messages, I cannot reply to them as the accounts have been deleted.

2. I put a buyer request, got loads of people sending a message instead of using the option to respond to a request. I would respond to these message, but they’ve clearly not read what I wrote on the request.

I don’t think any buyer particular pays notice of the response rate stat though. They just send a message and wait for the response. If your response is too late, they go on to the next person.

Experienced the same thing. Contacted CS. They said they reset it, but I did not see any noticeable changes. I had replied all my messages. There were some were I did not get the last word in because the conversation was over (i.e. the other person had said something like ok, thanks)…
I think the whole response rate thing is a great idea, but needs tweaks. There should be a function where people can individually mark the conversation as complete, so people don’t keep sending random messages and smileys just to be the last person in the conversation. I noticed a couple of sellers did that, and who can blame them when the system rewards such

Archived