Response Rate Going Down But I Reply To Every Message Within 1 Hour

Why? I reply to every message, first I saw my response rate go down to 98% now i see a big 88%! What factors determine response rate? My Response time is under 1hr :confused:

This is most probably the glitch that has been doing the rounds. It also mirrors the exact pattern, 98%, then 88%.

We had it ourselves and just now, one of our messages (inbox screen) still shows the ‘clock’ icon on the far right, warning us we must reply to keep response rate up, even though we have two replies in the message thread. So we might be about to suffer the glitch again.

Damn fiverr is making active changes on a live site, they need some facebook developer help over there! (Facebook makes changes in the blink of an eye without disrupting users)

You will need to contact customer support to refresh your response rate page. It happened to me and has it refreshed then I went from 92% to 96%

Mine went from 3% to 95% in the space of a month!

I have met many a dribbling idiot along the way.

is my response rate going down when i ignore sellers sending me their offers? O.o
Like twice i bought SEO gigs, and all was cool, except ever since I get tons of sellers sending me their SEO offers in inbox, usually I ignore…respond only when they spam me…or report…
anyway, does that effect my response rate, because it did drop on 87%

Just 1 hour back I replied to a message and my response rate have gone to minus (-100 %).
I don’t know how to fix this.

I don’t fully understand how the response rate can go down if you reply to all messages directly (within 1 hour). Mine suddenly went from 100 percent to 83 within one day without any apparent reason. Perhaps a new algorithmic change that needs to be resolved?

I also don’t believe it should be possible to have your response rate going down if you reply within 1 day, let alone 1 hour. It’s very annoying, like we’re getting punished for nothing.

IGNORE IT! Response Rate is BROKEN, we all know this, it’s a useless function and for the life of me I can’t figure out why FIverr continues with it when EVERYBODY hates and complains about it?
Sorry about the caps but I’m literally yelling in my head! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’ve filed three tickets with customer support about this very problem. They only track the first message received from a NEW buyer - nothing else gets counted. My response rate is usually 100%, but three times I’ve noticed that it’s fallen to 92% or lower. I contacted customer support about this and they said that the problem is I get emails from new buyers who delete their account before I can respond, or I’m getting spam messages from accounts that get banned before I can respond. In a lot of these cases, this means that the system still counts the message even though I never saw the message in my inbox.

The third ticket I created with them got the following response:

So, if you can read between the lines, this means that the two-day delay (which I believe has only been recently implemented) is intended to create a buffer so that these kinds of problems don’t happen anymore. I’m not upset - customer support is awesome, and each time they’ve reset my response rate back to 100% since I’ve responded to all other new messages within 24 hours. <3

" I contacted Customer Support about this and they said that the problem is I get emails from new buyers who delete their account before I can respond, or I’m getting spam messages from accounts that get banned before I can respond. In a lot of these cases, this means that the system still counts the message even though I never saw the message in my inbox."

I assumed that’s what was happening with mine. I had 100%. Then I had an influx of spam, a message or two per day, where the account was gone/banned pretty much immediately so I couldn’t interact. Then my response rate dropped down to 67% and I thought, “Huh?” Because I write back to everyone immediately otherwise.

I meant to contact customer service myself about it and this reminded me!