Response Rate Indicator

mubasharmehmood

It’s a good idea to have it but Fiverr currently have my response rate at 3 hours and this is not factual as the Fiverr app is on my phone and I respond to every message within minutes. Fiverr needs to sort this out. I hope the Response Rate Indicator will sort this out.

From reading the page about it, it seems that it will calculate the number of messages you respond to within 24 hours. This rate will be visible only to sellers, not to buyers. It seems like its only use will be for influencing our search results, as Fiverr’s algorithm will be taking the rate into consideration.

I’m not looking forward to having to respond to unprofessional and scam messages, as I usually make a point of ignoring those and not having to deal with those users.

Guest customrapsongs

So you’re telling me i have to respond to spam and unsolicited custom offers from people I’ve never even asked for work. I still can’t believe sellers can solicit custom offers to random people, that’s soo annoying. What was wrong with the previous way they tracked response time?

Reply to @mubasharmehmood: It seems to me that there’s two different things now: response time and response rate. Not responding within 24 hours won’t affect the response time, but it will affect the response rate, to my understanding. Quick response is probably a good solution though.

I feel like this can be abused and construed by just messaging people back and forth so if you need your response time to go up, just message each other back and forth or start a conversation with someone just to get a response so you can respond right back and boost your response rate.

There are so many different sellers and unique lifestyles on Fiverr that to use it in search results and in algorithms as an indicator seems a bit too much micromanaging of sellers. If you can respond to messages within an hour on average, you are either on Fiverr all day long from sun-up to sunrise on the website and app, or you have absolutely nothing else going on which means you are broke and out of shape. 🙂

2-3 hours is realistic but some people work 9-5 jobs and can’t get to their phones to reply or to the website to reply because they are either running a business or working a job where that isn’t allowed.

I have no other job and my response time is 3 hours with 100% response rate and over 2100 ratings with 5 stars which is 1000 more than the next seller in my subcat but somehow I’m still being rotated betweet 1 & 3 in the high rating filter and 1-3 in the recommended. I feel I should be #1 in both as my time in, ratings, response time, feedback, very small cancellation %, and sales are all on point and the only reason I feel I’m not secure at the #1 spot is because someone else’s response time is within 1 hour.

Not sure if they are using JUST response time as a base, but it seems to be a very important factor in the algorithms but I don’t feel it should be placed as that high of a priority when the # of sales and ratings is really what the customer sees first and is ultimately the reason for purchasing… IMO

DTONG (TRS)

I don’t like it at all and I think it’s just another thing that Fiverr are doing to make it an unfair platform for sellers. I get loads of messages that I don’t waste my time replying to that are either spam or just plain stupid. Am I now expected to deal with all these along with all the regular time wasters I get?

Reply to @kelbyjones: You can’t possibly respond to everything within minutes. 3 hours is an excellent average, since I’m sure you sleep sometimes, don’t you? 🙂 It is the average from when you can respond “within minutes” to those hours you’re away either sleeping or not working.

Reply to @mhwoolz: I agree! I’m happy to respond to all legitimate requests, but not the spam. For now I have a canned “quick response” of "I’m sorry, I’m not interested."

My problem now is that my current response rate is 88%, but I have responded to all messages–especially since this started just yesterday. I don’t know what they’re counting as not being responded to, and I wonder if when a buyer ends the conversation, I still have to respond? This could go on and on!!!

Reply to @dtongsports: Yes, and another potential problem–what if the other person ends the conversation? As I said above, my current response rate is 88%, but I have responded to all messages–especially since this started just yesterday. I don’t know what they’re counting as not being responded to, and I wonder if when a buyer ends the conversation, I still have to respond? This could go on and on!!!

This “Response Rate” idea needs to be thought out more before being implemented in to the “gigs”.

I have many customers that i message daily with questions on “gigs” that i perform for them. But there are others that give the “Five Star rating” and are satisfied, i feel that there is no need for me to respond back to a “Thank you” every time, after i have already sent a “Thank you” to them prior with on the “gig” itself, and also on the “Five Star” rating system.

I can not possibly keep up with all the responses for this new “response rate indicator”.

Fiverr needs to re-think this new option and rating scale before they place it on to out ratings system and ratings scale.

“Beta” test first, then see how it works before you place it into the working environment.

I must now respond to every message and always be the one to end every conversation, even when I answer a question and the person writes back to me “Thank you”, and I must then keep the conversation going or it looks like I did not respond.

~X( :-@ :!!

I wonder if this response rate is set to a particular time zone? , as I am based in Ireland ,most of my customers are from America so when I get up in the morning I go straight to my messages that have been left the night before , hence my 8 hr response rate , it seems unfair to set it in an America time zone when so many sellers are in different countries , I hope they can take this into consideration

• 1 month later...

My response rate is fluctuating between 96 and 97%, yet my response time is 1 HR (the math on that really puzzles me). Actually, it’s probably 30 to 45 minutes but I’m guessing the timer doesn’t drop below an hour. I answer all messages promptly, so my RR should be 100%. If someone on the other side of the planet sends me something while I’m sleeping, are they taking 12 hours then subtracting, let’s say, 8 hours (for my sleep time) are starting me off at -20 hours?

I really don’t get it!!!

I really love Fiverr, but why would they add unnecessary anxiety to our already busy lives?

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with the problems with response rate:

• forces responses to spam (even if it’s reporting or declining offer)
  • responses only ‘count’ if they are within 24 hours, so don’t go away for the weekend
  • doesn’t help anyone but makes sellers look bad

Belengarcia (above) is correct that it is only the first response that is tracked, so we don’t need to make sure we ‘get in the last word’.

This article and the related comments cover a lot of this: http://blog.fiverr.com/everything-need-know-response-time-rates/?utm_source=nt_ct&utm_term=n807

I have 100% positive feedback but a response rate that’s threatening to drop under 80%. What is the point of this statistic?

http://blog.fiverr.com/wp-content/themes/extranews/images/icons/social/e_light.png

Home - Official Fiverr Blog

http://blog.fiverr.com

Reply to @writerlisaz: It’s all getting so ridiculous. My response rate has dropped to 61% as I respond to everything.

Now with extended conversations that was over, I noticed another seller, after they answered and I said thank you for your reply, they next sent a quick reply “yes”… yes to what? I assume this is them leaving another response so there rating doesn’t decrease. So now do I respond to that… yes this can go on and on.

No way my rating should be at 61% and no new orders are coming now, I assume fiverr isn’t showing my gigs now. Too much.

• 3 weeks later...

Reply to @writerlisaz:

Indeed, what if the other person ends the conversation.

I had one of these, ‘who hangs up first’ Conversations the other day and the other person threatened to report me, despite my super friendly customer service, if I didn’t stop writing because I was “Just replying to keep my response rate up.” TIP: Spam and scam aside, replying to people who are trying to hire you is your job. I found this entertaining on three levels. What is the official on this? I don’t think threatening to report someone for replying to a reply should be necessary.

Archived