Response Rate is bogus

janicepatrice

My response rate which should be at or around 100% is dropping daily. It is down to 88%. I ALWAYS respond to questions and all my gig questions and responses. I have a person who messages me about a million times a day. I don’t feel a need to block her or report her, but the inbox should NOT be included in the response rate. I cannot respond to each message this person sends as they pop in faster than I could possibly answer and they are many different times a day. I respond daily minimally and several times a day usually. This is affecting me adversely. This person needs someone she can message and say whatever she wants without too much judgement. I am providing that for her and now I am being punished by fiverr for my kindness. My average response time is 1 hour.

First of all there is no need to duplicate topics it’s against forum rules.

Secondly you already received few quite a good reposes on your previous topics. Maybe if you will stop ignoring what other people told you and also read fiverr help page you would’ve already got your answer.

First of all there is no need to duplicate topics it’s against forum rules.

Secondly you already received few quite a good reposes on your previous topics. Maybe if you will stop ignoring what other people told you and also read fiverr help page you would’ve already got your answer.

I read the page. What constitutes a new conversation? Because I am messaged many times a day a few hours apart. To me that looks like a new conversation.

I read the page. What constitutes a new conversation? Because I am messaged many times a day a few hours apart. To me that looks like a new conversation.

Can you please read again everything we wrote to you?

It doesn’t matter what you think, what matters is how the system works. Please read the fiverr help page and don’t accuse fiverr with your assumptions that is not even a truth.

The Response Rate Indicator tracks a seller’s first response to a new request. While it is important to continue responding to buyers until a conversation has concluded, those later messages are not a factor in the overall Response Rate.

https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/everything-you-need-to-know-about-response-time-rate

Thank you. That explains that. I still am not sure why I’m so low on the response rate since her messages should not be a factor and I respond to her daily or more usually.

What constitutes a new conversation? Because I am messaged many times a day a few hours apart. To me that looks like a new conversation.

Look, I know for a fact that other forum users have already given you the correct answer (on another thread) to the question “what constitutes a new conversation?”

I still want to explain it in hopes that you might read/understand what I write:

The response rate is ONLY calculated for the FIRST EVER MESSAGE (AKA new message) you receive from a new Fiverr user (who is contacting you for the first time EVER!). None of the subsequent messages/inquiries that you might receive from this Fiverr user count toward the response rate. The response rate is just the % of new messages (that you have received from a new Fiverr user) you have replied to within 24 hours.

So, as long as you have answered the first ever message you received from a new Fiverr user (who is contacting you for the first time) within 24 hours, you have already received your 100% response rate from that user.

In the future, EVEN if you choose to ignore a billion messages from that user, you would still have 100% response rate for that user (as only the FIRST EVER message from a new user matters for the response rate).

I still am not sure why I’m so low on the response rate since her messages should not be a factor and I respond to her daily or more usually.

Are you sure you have responded to all new messages from new users (even spam messages) within 24 hours? If not, that might be the reason why your response rate was affected. Yes, your response rate will also be affected if you do not respond to spam/scam messages (that were not automatically blocked by Fiverr).

If you are still confident that your response rate should be 100%, your response rate might be bugged (although rare, it is possible). It is possible that the system might have miscalculated your response rate. In that case, the only thing you can do is contact Fiverr’s Customer Support.

Good luck! 🍀

Archived