Response Rate Issue

mgtheboss

Ladies & Gentlemen,

I want to share a funny situation with you. A few days ago a buyer, who is also a seller contacted me about his project. I did not take it because of professional reasons. I close my conversations with “You’re welcome!” or something similar. Response rate decreases if I don’t reply to a message according to Fiverr’s rules. The problem I faced in this case, was, the other person was doing the same thing as me, trying to keep response rate 100%. So he was replying with “ok” whenever I sent a closing message. I did not send a reply to his last “ok” message as it was getting ridiculous and now my response rate is 97%. What is the solution? If I reply he will again send an “ok”. I think, Fiverr should have an automated system which detects meaningless messages to which replies are unnecessary. Share your opinions.

Hi there 🙂

As some Fiverrs have said, only the 1st answer is taken, if you see the clock icon on the conversation (at inbox) means that you have to reply to keep response rate (use the clock tooltip to know how many time you have)

The “funny” thing that happened to me is, it happened twice, I mean with two different users, even after having replied several times, the clock didn’t disappear and my response rate went down!

Another “weird” thing is, if you get a message from a suspicious user and Fiverr just blocks it, you won’t be able to reply! Ever!

Right now my response rate is at 98%

So, I think the response rate is still in “dippers” but it’s a good idea

Facing similar situation here. Today, a buyer sent me a message asking me for an order. But when I answered him, this frustrating message appears:

“For privacy reasons, this user may not be contacted directly.”

What can I do to resolve the problem of Response Rate???

Please help, because I can’t send to him the first answer…

Thanks!

• 10 months later...

Someone asked me why my response rate was so low or high, not sure how to phrase it. It was like one-week plus. I was originally frazzled as I had no idea what he was talking about. Then it was brought to my attention what could have happened.

After the seller and I agree to a project, I place an order and do not respond to the last message, only on the order page. If I give a tip, many sellers message me to say “Thank You” and I do not respond to those either. Since I ALWAYS let the seller have the last word, my response rate looks to be pretty bad. (And that little clock seems to stay ON forever, and ever, and ever and …)

All sellers find out eventually how quickly I respond and since I am not a seller, my response rate - to me - is not a big deal. If it is a big deal to a seller - which hasn’t happened yet - and they choose not work with me, well, then that’s okay.

** No longer frazzled - wait, is that a word? **

Archived