Response Rate - Oy vey!

there are some real issues with the response rating system. i’m sure i’m not the only one who has experienced this.

i answer every message in a timely manner and my response rate still goes down.

okay, one message was spam and fiverr wouldn’t let me open it so my rate fell. i wrote to support and they reset my rate back to 100%.

then i got another spammy message so this time i marked it ‘read’ and then deleted it (as advised). however, my respons rate was still negatively affected.

get it together guys…

also, not all activity alerts are immediately sent to my personal email address. some arrive more than 24 hours later so i constantly check my fiverr acc’t. still, it’s not good enough to maintain a 100% response rate :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue:

The same thing is happening to me. I am at 89%, but yet I respond to every message. There always seems to be some problem with Fiverr.

For some reason mine dropped down to 94% , yesterday it was 100% and I didn’t even received a message during those 24hrs.

I answered to all messages but sudden from 100% I passed to 50% from day to day It’s definitely not nice :((

Mine dropped to 75% in spite of the fact I reply as quickly as possible. I “average” about 3 hours. So, basically, to meet Fiver’s unreachably high standards, you’re expected to be here 24/7, have NO free weekends, and also get up every hour of the night to be available in case someone messages you at 3am.

Fiverr, PLEASE eliminate this rating ridiculousness! You damage seller reputations unfairly and ultimately you cost yourselves revenue if we lose our seller levels, thus losing an ability to set prices with our extras. If we make less, YOU make less.

From what i understand (based on own experience, support site and fiverrs blog posts) your response rate is not visible to the public and does not affect your gig visibility or positioning, its just a stat that shows you the percentage of first messages you have replied to within 24 hours of getting a message. To exclude a spam message from the stat calculation you just need to hit the report link in the message.

If just seeing the stat gets your blood boiling then you can get a browser extension that allows you to block css element then depending on the extension either select the response rate bar or add the css manually (see screenshot) .
This will make the response rate bar and percent number disappear

Thanks for the info!

you wrote: “your response rate is not visible to the public and does not affect your gig visibility or positioning”

that’s good to know…

“its just a stat that shows you the percentage of first messages you have replied to within 24 hours of getting a message.”

but it is not accurate. i have responded to every message in less than 24 hrs and still my rate goes down… just sayin’

thanks for taking the time to post the css info/screenshot :slight_smile:

Reply to @dragonnan: you make some good points, dragon… it can be very frustrating!