Response rate up down why this happened?

designlover111

Many sellers have mentioned that their stats have or haven’t changed and they don’t understand why. This is especially true near each evaluation day when everyone is nervous.

You must remember that your stats are measured over a 60 day period, so stats CAN change every single day. This includes completion rate, on-time delivery, rating, response rate, etc.

If you have an order that was canceled or late 55 days ago, that order won’t “drop off” of your 60 day count until after the 60 days mark. …

Watching those stats go up and down can drive you crazy. You make some progress one day and are relieved and the next day back down they go for unknown reasons. So you wait a month or more and finally they make a move up, then back down again farther than ever. 😩 Up and down constantly, along with your levels. My hands shake now when I go to the analytics page. My heart races.

I remember back when I would work all night I used to see those friendly albeit strange messages on fiverr that said something like “hi misscrystal, we love working all night too.” I appreciated the sense they tried to give that we were all friendly and in this together, and all on the same side. Those were nice messages.

Funny, my response rate has stayed at 98% even though I answer every message and order.

My Order Completion Rate has taken forever to rise from 84% to 86%, but if I refund just one order, I will lose 1%.

It’s getting to the point where I’m starting not to care.

response rate has stayed at 98% even though I answer every message and order.

You can get Support to check your responses and they will do so. They’ll tell you which messages caused the fluctuation if it’s not a glitch and if it is a glitch they will reset it to 100%.

You can get Support to check your responses and they will do so. They’ll tell you which messages caused the fluctuation if it’s not a glitch and if it is a glitch they will reset it to 100%.

Thanks for the tip. I know there are three messages, probably spam, that I’m not able to answer or even delete.

Should I contact support? I’m always reluctant to bother them. I suppose they can always prioritize requests.

Thanks for the tip. I know there are three messages, probably spam, that I’m not able to answer or even delete.

Should I contact support? I’m always reluctant to bother them. I suppose they can always prioritize requests.

Should I contact support

Sure why not? Just keep it short and easy to understand. And just one message to them.

I agree with MC, no harm in getting them to help and in my experience they love easy-resolution questions because they rarely get them. 😛 They know there are some messages you never even see because of the spam system. My own method is to contact them if I get below 98% since sometimes I hover between 98-100 and as time passes it just fixes itself. I don’t trust the system to fix it once I start seeing 97-95% - too close for comfort.

Thank you for this! Very interesting

Funny, my response rate has stayed at 98% even though I answer every message and order.

My Order Completion Rate has taken forever to rise from 84% to 86%, but if I refund just one order, I will lose 1%.

It’s getting to the point where I’m starting not to care.

My Order Completion Rate has taken forever to rise from 84% to 86%

Hi @fastcopywriter,

Hope this can help you know how many orders you need to complete without cancellation, for a given period of time, to bring up whatever amount of percentage points.

(Completed orders + Amount of completed orders needed without cancellation) / (Total amount of orders + Amount of completed orders needed without cancellation) = Order Completion Rate / 100

Let’s say we’re looking back 30 days from today and in that time span your total amount of orders is 22 and your completed orders is 18 (you had 4 cancellations). Being so, your order completion rate is 82%.

If you want to take it up to 86%, you will need 7 complete orders and no cancellations.

(18 + x) / (22 + x) = 0.86

18 + x = 0.86*22 +0.86x

(1 - 0.86)x = 18.92 - 18

0.14x = 0.92

x = 6.57 => x = 7

My Order Completion Rate has taken forever to rise from 84% to 86%

Hi @fastcopywriter,

Hope this can help you know how many orders you need to complete without cancellation, for a given period of time, to bring up whatever amount of percentage points.

(Completed orders + Amount of completed orders needed without cancellation) / (Total amount of orders + Amount of completed orders needed without cancellation) = Order Completion Rate / 100

Let’s say we’re looking back 30 days from today and in that time span your total amount of orders is 22 and your completed orders is 18 (you had 4 cancellations). Being so, your order completion rate is 82%.

If you want to take it up to 86%, you will need 7 complete orders and no cancellations.

(18 + x) / (22 + x) = 0.86

18 + x = 0.86*22 +0.86x

(1 - 0.86)x = 18.92 - 18

0.14x = 0.92

x = 6.57 => x = 7

I’m terrible at math, but I appreciate your help.

Looking at the graph below, and knowing that analytics are always changing, can we deduce that when the highlighted cancellation from Nov 29 goes away, my order completion rate will increase by 1%?

That is my hope, When I count the cancellations, I only see 8. Of course, the gray sometimes includes more than one cancellation, there are days I had 2 cancellations/refunds.

This December has been hard. I’ve made $484 and refunded $128. That’s 26.44% of my income

November: 12.07%

October: 7%

I wish all my buyers would pay for the things they buy.

370789541_ScreenShot2018-12-28at6_21_14PM.thumb.png.b131caf1cc16691edcf1b767244ca598.png

Looking at the graph below, and knowing that analytics are always changing, can we deduce that when the highlighted cancellation from Nov 29 goes away, my order completion rate will increase by 1%?

That is my hope, When I count the cancellations, I only see 8. Of course, the gray sometimes includes more than one cancellation, there are days I had 2 cancellations/refunds.

This December has been hard. I’ve made $484 and refunded $128. That’s 26.44% of my income

You can use this to count the number of days when a cancellation will expire:

https://www.timeanddate.com/date/durationresult.html?m1=12&d1=12&y1=2017&m2=2&d2=10&y2=2018&ti=on

It depends on if you get any more cancellations in the meantime.

You also need to know how many completed orders you had in that 60 day period.

For instance if you had 40 orders in 60 days you couldn’t get more than 4.

If you had 20 orders in 60 days you couldn’t get more than 2.

In other words you couldn’t get more than 10%.

You can use this to count the number of days when a cancellation will expire:

https://www.timeanddate.com/date/durationresult.html?m1=12&d1=12&y1=2017&m2=2&d2=10&y2=2018&ti=on

It depends on if you get any more cancellations in the meantime.

You also need to know how many completed orders you had in that 60 day period.

For instance if you had 40 orders in 60 days you couldn’t get more than 4.

If you had 20 orders in 60 days you couldn’t get more than 2.

In other words you couldn’t get more than 10%.

Thanks, I wish Fiverr provided that information for us, did the calculation for us, it would be awesome. Then we’d know how many orders we need to reach 90%.

Of course, I understand that some changes are hard to make, and could create bugs.

Thanks, I wish Fiverr provided that information for us, did the calculation for us, it would be awesome. Then we’d know how many orders we need to reach 90%.

Of course, I understand that some changes are hard to make, and could create bugs.

I figure out what day a cancellation will expire. That helps.

It’s Ok, let me see if I can explain it easier.

First of all, there are 3 things we all must understand:

• Regaining any percentage point is way harder than losing it and, depending on the amount of points you lost in a given period, you will need to complete double, same, half, etc. the amount of total orders you have in that same period, without having anymore cancellation.

• Cancellation is volume-based meaning it weighs less the higher the amount of orders is - it’s not the same 2 cancellations over 10 orders (20%) than 2 cancellations over 40 (5%).

• The higher the total amount of orders in a given period, the harder it will be to bring up the order completion rate once it’s hit. In other words, you’ll need a lot of completed orders and no cancellations to regain the lost points.

That being said, it’s not needed to go back until forever nor keep tracking when cancellations won’t be taken anymore into account, it’s just needed a specific period of time and that would be from the evaluation date of 2 months ago to present.

So, although rough, the fastest and easiest way to estimate how many orders you will be needing to complete so to step back to your desired order completion rate is as follows:

1. Position yourself back to 60 + 1 days (time difference that needs to be taken into account) before the next evaluation day - say ED is Jan 14, you’ll have to step yourself on Nov 13.

2. In that time period - Nov 13 to date (both included) - see what’s your Order Completion Rate (Completed Orders/Total Amount of Orders) - eg. 48/56 = 85.7%.

3. To regain 20 percentage points, it will be needed double the amount of total orders there is in that given period. To regain 10 percentage points, it will be needed the same amount of total orders there is in that given period. To regain 5 percentage points, it will be needed half the amount of total orders there is in that given period, and so on - in the example above, it will be needed half of the total amount of orders (28) as only 4.3 percentage points are required to go back to 90% OCR (90 - 85.7 = 4.3).

4. Depending on how far you are from ED, add 20% - 25% to the number of complete orders you will be needing (eg. If you were to need to complete 15 new orders and 10 to 15 days away from ED, then add 3 or 4 more). This will give you a mattress to compensate for possible further cancellations until ED but, as cancellations are random, you may play with this percentage as you wish.

I’ll try my best to illustrate all the above with examples on how cancellations impact OCR and the amount of new completed orders needed for regainig different percentage points to level up OCR to 90%.

Let’s say we’re estimating for next evaluation day on Jan 14. So, from today, Dec 29, we look back to Nov 13 (1 day before last ED) and see the total amount of orders and complete orders we have in that period:

Case 1: Regaining 20 percentage points to go back to 90%

Total Amount of Orders: 10

Cancellations: 3

Completed Orders: 7

70% OCR

Double amount of total orders and no cancellations, plus 20% or 25% until the 14th of Jan, to bring up OCR to 90%.

It will be needed 24 or 25 completed orders and 0 cancellations.

Demonstration:

7 + x = 0.9*10 + 0.9x

(1-0.9)x = 9 - 7

0.1x = 2

x = 20

This is double amount of total orders you have in the period but still need to compensate for 16 more days until ED so, let’s say we add 20%. Therefore, 1.2 * 20 => x = 24. If we add 25% then, 1.25 * 20 => x = 25.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Case 2: Regaining 10 percentage points to go back to 90%

Total Amount of Orders: 65

Cancellations: 13

Completed Orders: 52

80% OCR

Same amount of total orders and no cancellations, plus 20% or 25% until the 14th of Jan, to bring up OCR to 90%.

It will be needed 78 to 82 completed orders and 0 cancellations.

Demonstration:

52 + x=0.9*65 + 0.9x

(1-0.9)x=58.5 - 52

0.1x = 6.5

x = 65

This is the same amount of total orders you have in the period but still need to compensate for 16 more days until ED so, let’s say we add 20%. Therefore, 1.2 * 65 => x = 78. If we add 25% then, 1.25 * 65 => x = 81.25.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Case 3: Regaining 5 percentage points to go back to 90%

Total Amount of Orders: 120

Cancellations: 18

Completed Orders: 102

85% OCR

Half the amount of total orders and no cancellations, plus 20% or 25% until the 14th of Jan, to bring up OCR to 90%.

It will be needed 72 or 75 completed orders and 0 cancellations.

Demonstration:

102 + x = 0.9*120 + 0.9x

(1-0.9)x = 108 - 102

0.1x = 6

x = 60

This is half the amount of total orders you have in the period but still need to compensate for 16 more days until ED so, let’s say we add 20%. Therefore, 1.2 * 60 => x = 72. If we add 25% then, 1.25 * 60 => x = 75.

Hope this helps and also don’t discourage you or anyone - it’s tough, very tough…

Archived