Fiverr Forum

Response time effects on night time

Hello
buyer start a conversation at night time, and if will we give replay on the morning, That’s effect on sellers response time???

4 Likes

You have 24 hours to respond to a buyer before it affects your response rate.

As for your response time :mantelpiece_clock: Fiverr makes allowances for you to sleep :sleeping: . I always sleep 8 to 9 hours and do not sign into Fiverr for up to 10 hours and my response time is still one hour. :wink:

14 Likes

I was wondering the same thing. Thanks for the info! I can rest easy :relieved:

1 Like

That’s great :relieved::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

no … because if its night so fiverr have a notification that there is night maybe the person will reply few hours late

3 Likes

Thank you sir…i like the feature of Fiverr

1 Like

Woke up this morning to find a 10 hr message and it already is turning my 4 hr rate yellow. lol

1 Like

You have to reply first for your good response time.

As a freelancer I think there is no night or day time! If you don’t reply the buyer’s message early you will lose the order, (90%; from my experience) as simple as that…
Forget about the response rate, concentrate on how early you can reply the buyer’s message! - that will be your target!

There’s the time when you sleep, though. Or use the toilet. Or enjoy with your friends/family. Or handle emergencies.

3 Likes

Does this mean the seller has to be the one to always end a conversation? I’m asking because I just noticed my response rate dropped to 75%, but I’ve been online all day and I didn’t see any message that needed responding to except for the one from a potential buyer. Her last message didn’t need a response so I just left it. I don’t know if this also affects response rate. I’m still new to fiverr

Only the first response calculates the response time. And everyone has allowance to reply within 24 hours to avoid low rate of response time. Maybe you received spam message and fiverr automatically blocked them and you cannot get notifications on the spam message and they only show on the desktop version of inbox. So check if that’s the case.

3 Likes

oh alright. I’ll have a look at it again.
Thanks

When you get enough order to lead your life properly ( if you are not depends on fiverr then another issue).

This two issue is beyond everything.

Nope.
According to fiverr -

• Response Time: Tracks how quickly you respond to the first inbox message from a potential buyer within 24 hours of receiving that message.*
1 Like

I have got order even I reply after 4 days.
some time I don’t get order even I reply after 2 or 3 hours.
So what can I say it’s a luck.

Sleep deprivation is a form of torture, and it’s very unhealthy. If you want to interrupt your sleep just to answer to a message, it’s up to you, but I wouldn’t recommend that people ruin their health because of Fiverr.

Also, this…

…is only true if you’re offering the same thing thousands of others are offering. In that case, it’s all the same to the buyer whether they hire you or anyone else (out of, say, 50,000 other sellers), so whoever responds the first and seems competent enough is likely to get the job.

However, if the buyer needs something more specific, something that is offered by a much smaller number of sellers (because it’s not something that pretty much anyone could do), they’ll be perfectly willing to wait for response.

2 Likes

How many orders you get after replying 4 days?

May be luck!

1 Like

No. They don’t wait. If they are looking for something different/unique they switch to "Fiverr Pro".

It’s true. And i agree with you…but when you are new in the competitive field you have to sacrifice something, otherwise you can’t compete.
No pain no gain.

Yes, they do. Speaking from experience here.

Not all of them. Not even many of them. Not every buyer looking for something that’s not offered by tens of thousands of sellers is willing or able to spend $100+ on a gig (or $1,000+).

1 Like