Resuming Fiverr after lengthy break, any advice?

grafficalmuse

Hi everyone, I had my last client on Fiverr (or anywhere at all) in January or earlier I believe. It’s been awhile.

The excessive daytime sleepiness caused by my sleep disorder was so out of control when I decided to stop working, I actually received my first (it was def. deserved) poor review because I didn’t finish a project in time and I failed to communicate. I felt really bad about this, I know its a bit too late, but last week I sent the client a message apologizing just to clear my guilt a bit. Anyway, I decided it was time to stop and just focus on my health.

Fast forward to now, I’m doing better, great doc, great meds, supportive fam, and I would like to start working again, I just don’t know where to start. My feeling is that I should start small and gradually and not just throw myself in all at once.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I know I need to re-familiarize myself with Fiverr, because some things have changed, especially with the pricing structure (thank goodness). I also think I should do a little research on current trends and colors and possibly add some more design assets (stock and fonts) to my collection since I’m too poor for a subscription service. I have so so much that I also need to review what I have.

I’m not feeling very confident about creating because I haven’t played in Photoshop or Illustrator much since I stopped taking clients.

If you don’t mind, tell me what you would do if you were in my position? I would really appreciate any suggestions. I just feel overwhelmed, my brain doesn’t know how to break things down, it just sees everything and gets stressed out 🙂

Thank you so much, I hope everyone has a great weekend!! Take care 🙂

Leslie

Archived