Returning Customers - Promises

So we experience a lot of buyers promising to order more if you do a great job.

Have many other people had lots of false promises??

I tend to ignore what they say and just do the job as I would normally. Returning customers our the best you can ever wish for and you should take note of who buys from you and who is coming back especially.

If you see a returning customer in your orders then you should give them and little thank you for retuning message.

The reality is that if they liked your service enough to come back again, then it will be easy to continue that relationship.

Having great communication, prompt responses and delivering the job on time will dramatically increase your chances of keeping the customer and building your positive feedbacks!

I get this every day. I do as you say, just do the job. For returning customers I usually do a bit extra for them or give them freebies when they come back again.

Ive had customers that say they want to order, like 10 gigs, 1 at a time, they do 3 of them, then kinda… stop. lol.

So I’m not sure whats going on… Perhaps because its the holiday they need the money or they dont have the time.

I just go everything as I get it, and dont worry too much about it :slight_smile:

Yup, I just do the order as with any other order even if they promise repeat orders. Based on my experience, repeat customers are easier to work with

Reply to @oranjewedesign: One of my gigs is a 225 word narration for $5 and I often get probable purchasers who say “My script is 4,000 words, so here’s the first 225 words, do a good job and I’ll buy the rest of the script.” Just as in any business, there are always a number of tire kickers. Just take those “promises” with a grain of salt and move on.

Agree with most here, best to just do the job. I tend to find the ones that are repeat customers did not come in and tell me they were going to be. They just are. Either way, same smiling service and great work provided to all and yes, repeat customers always get a little extra (for example I may give them an image or two for free).

The place is crowded with false promises. However, I do have some repeat customers that order almost each week which is pretty good :slight_smile: . I guess it depends on the quality of the job and the quality of the person that you’re working with.

Agree, I also think it depends on what your gig is offering I imagine. My script gigs and postcard gigs I have a lot of repeat customers.

I don’t take promises. If you’re interested in having me completing other gigs, book them. A promise means nothing over the internet. I always do a good job regardless.

That’s the key: always do a good job.

Then you will find repeat customers; those who promised and those who didn’t.

Kim

Reply to @kim_talented:

True

When it comes to buyers saying they’ll order more if they like what I do, I don’t worry about it. I just do the best I can and if they like it, great! If they come back, even better! However, I just do my job to the best of my abilities.

Reply to @kim_talented: Here here. If you over deliver they will come back :slight_smile:

emeraldawnn said: When it comes to buyers saying they'll order more if they like what I do, I don't worry about it. I just do the best I can and if they like it, great! If they come back, even better! However, I just do my job to the best of my abilities.

My thoughts exactly. I've been let down so many times in the real world, i dont expect anyone to be telling the 100% truth anymore, lol

Many times people have the best intentions, but real life intervenes or their needs change.

I swore up and down to an incredible waitress that I would call and do a survey on her…then I lost the receipt :frowning:

Of course, sometimes people just lie too, but I think people sometimes think it’s kinder to lie than to tell you: That’s it, Adios!

It’s the same reason they tell salespeople, “I’ll be back”, when they have no intention of doing so.

“L’enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs” The road is paved with good intentions… I myself have been guilty of telling someone I would be back again with business and life happened and I never went back. Just deliver an awesome product and leave a positive feeling in their mind, that is the best you can do

Reply to @tn5rr2012: Indeed. Making false promises tut tut :slight_smile:

I get this every day. I do as you say, just do the job. For returning customers I usually do a bit extra for them or give them freebies when they come back again.

Ive had customers that say they want to order, like 10 gigs, 1 at a time, they do 3 of them, then kinda… stop. lol.

So I’m not sure whats going on… Perhaps because its the holiday they need the money or they dont have the time.

I just go everything as I get it, and dont worry too much about it :slight_smile:

Yup, I just do the order as with any other order even if they promise repeat orders. Based on my experience, repeat customers are easier to work with

Reply to @oranjewedesign: One of my gigs is a 225 word narration for $5 and I often get probable purchasers who say “My script is 4,000 words, so here’s the first 225 words, do a good job and I’ll buy the rest of the script.” Just as in any business, there are always a number of tire kickers. Just take those “promises” with a grain of salt and move on.