Fiverr Community Forum

Returning money to my paypal account?

so it seems when you cancel an order the money taken from your paypal account remains with Fiverr, and cannot be returned to your paypal account…don’t think this was clearly explained in the terms and conditions…? Would like a clarification from Fiverr on this sent to my e-mail account please…************************* [e-mail addresses are not allowed on the forums]

Hi there!
This actually is spelled out quite clearly in Fiverr’s Terms of Service. Here’s the paragraph that is relevant:
“Fiverr does not automatically refund payments made for cancelled orders back to your payment provider. Funds from order cancellations are refunded to the buyer’s balance as credit and are available for future purchases on Fiverr. Funds returned to your balance from cancelled orders will not include processing fees paid”

You can find the entire Terms of Service is easy to understand language here: https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service
I think you should carefully read through “purchasing” and “refunds” to better understand how funds are used on this site.

You would like clarification of the cancellation/refund process regarding your money; while I am not a Fiverr employee, I’m happy to provide you with the information. However, it is against Fiverr’s Terms of Service to communicate away from Fiverr.com and against the rules of the Forum to provide contact information (which is why yours has been starred out). Instead, I’ve answered below.

If you are refunded due to a canceled gig (mutually canceled or otherwise), your money is returned to you via Fiverr credit. This is much like any store credit you may experience at a brick-and-mortar store. The amount of credit returned to you is the cost of the gig, not the cost of the gig plus its processing fee. For example… if you purchase a gig for $30, you will pay $30 for the gig and an additional $1.50 for the processing fee of 5% (orders over $20), thus paying a total of $31.50. Your refunded credit will be $30. You may then use that credit to purchase gigs on Fiverr. To do so, the cost of the gig must be equal to or less than the amount of credit. In this case, gigs $30 or lower. If you try to purchase a gig worth $35, for example, you would be unable to pay with credit and the entire charge would come from your Paypal or other paying method. Credit already has the processing fee applied, which is why it may only be used on its own. Upon purchasing a gig with credit, you will NOT be charged a processing fee.

I’m sorry your order didn’t go well. I’m sure there’s another seller on Fiverr who can help you with your project if you do a bit of searching.

I hope this helps clarify how refunds and credits work.
Best of luck here on Fiverr.

@shearerno10: Fiverr staff does not check forum activity and wouldn’t be able to help you or send you email or even inbox messages when you post on the forums.

The refund issue is actually explained well in the Terms of Service, but that doesn’t mean you are out of luck. If you are in a situation where you didn’t read the ToS thoroughly, have a lot of credit or have another problem where it is worth using up a 1-time opportunity, Customer Support can help you. They do allow a refund like this once, but you have to make a clear special request based on the Support articles.

If you haven’t already cut ties with Support by sending them multiple tickets or being rude, you have a chance to get this fixed to your satisfaction. You’ll find the rest of the info about getting your money returned in this post: http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/refunds-for-buyers-getting-funds-back-to-the-source/

My advice would be to do only as advised in that post. Don’t try to hassle Customer Support about clarity since they are not technical writers and the ToS was probably written by some lawyer, not them. Just explain and politely ask for help. Fiverr truly has a lot to offer at low prices if you dig around. Stick around and be more cautious & you can get some great deals even after this is resolved. Or, you can close your account and leave when your refund is issued, but I think you’re selling yourself short if you do Good luck.