Revision abuse. Help me

ehti95

i completed my order that was discussed with user and delivered 2 days before it was due. then he deliberately marked it as incomplete and asked for ‘revision’ to add 1000 more words to the story. the story i sent was already over the 1000 words for 5 dollars that i offer. still i had no choice but to write it to avoid a bad review as I am new here and each review makes a big difference. but then after a few seconds of delivering again, he asked for a revision, which meant he even hadnt read it. he later did it twice and now the order is late. he still havent marked it as complete or left a review. what should i do? he has already ruined my perfect on time delivery and now i am worried about cancellation even after delivering work equal to 3 gigs

There are some very unkind people around. I know you might have read several times that Customer Support won´t help in such a situation, but I´d still contact them in such a case, asking for 1000 more words as a “revision” and all the rest, they should at least know about that buyer´s behaviour, even if they might not delete a bad review in case he´ll give you one. And seeing how this looks like extortion, maybe you´ll get lucky. I´d definitely write a ticket and tell Customer Support as precisely and clearly as possible about this, with screenshots attached.
Really hope this will resolve well for you. And don´t let it get you down too much in either case, most people are great.

There are some very unkind people around. I know you might have read several times that Customer Support won´t help in such a situation, but I´d still contact them in such a case, asking for 1000 more words as a “revision” and all the rest, they should at least know about that buyer´s behaviour, even if they might not delete a bad review in case he´ll give you one. And seeing how this looks like extortion, maybe you´ll get lucky. I´d definitely write a ticket and tell Customer Support as precisely and clearly as possible about this, with screenshots attached.

Really hope this will resolve well for you. And don´t let it get you down too much in either case, most people are great.

thank you. i just did that. lets see what happens. and yes almost all of interactions have been great so far. first bad experience. but fiverr gives sellers so power. our hands are tied in every situation

Sounds like a guy who is deliberately trying to hurt you here. As a new Seller I was willing to do anything for any amount of words to get to level 2. You run into these types of people that know you are more concerned with volume of orders versus price. You are just trying to get to 50 orders. People try to take advantage of that. If it was me, I’d have to swallow my pride and ego and try to save the order and just move on after that. If it’s late, try to go to the resolution center and request an extension he should be able to agree to that. I would do this if I were at Level 1 or just starting out. As a level 2, I would set my rates have him stick to them and cancel without worrying about it. When you get enough orders, most cancelations from orders in midstream are so few and far in between if you are doing everything right. A cancelation is a drop in the bucket. If someone ever wanted a revision of an additional 1000 words I’d make him pay for those words, if he didn’t I would cancel the order. report him take notes fill out what I had to fill out and warn others about him.

Archived