"Revision Requested" 3rd time without telling what needs to be revised

aliayyaz

The hits keep coming. Just last week an order had to be canceled because AFTER delivery the buyer started asking for extra work and threatened to leave a poor review. After trying to convince him, he still wouldn’t budge, so i had to accept his cancellation request and now my Completion Rate is down to 89%. Throughout the process, I kept talking to Customer support and they did absolutely NOTHING to resolve the issue, except for apologising and saying “we know it’s not your fault but there’s nothing we can do”.

Now, another rogue buyer, who has all 5-star reviews has requested revisions for the 3rd time. Just sharing the messages he sent with each revision:

1. Hi. Please Give zip file for both iOS version and android version. Also Download had problem, virus scan stopped. Thanks.

It was already a zip file, and it already contained iOS and Android Versions. So he either didn’t check properly or just straight lied. Even if there was a problem with the download, he could have asked me about it instead of “Requesting Revision”. Anyway, I re-uploaded the folders. I also made a google drive link and uploaded the folders there and sent the link

Two days later:

1. Hi. File will not open or download. Also there should be an iOS version and android version. If you could fix. Thanks much.

Again, iOS and Android were already uploaded. I re-uploaded a 3rd time. I shared screenshots of the iOS and Android versions that were named properly. and for 2 days straight I asked him to check now and if there is any issue, tell me so i can fix it. Because of the screenshots I sent, this time he couldn’t say “Please upload iOS and Android”. I uploaded, downloaded, and sent a screenshot as proof that everything is there and everything is downloading just fine.

After almost 3 days (exactly 1 hour before the order would have been automatically complete):

1. Hi. Checking function. Thanks.

The first delivery was made on 25th Nov. The 3rd one on 29th Nov. He had ample time to check the function. Even before the 25th I had sent him multiple updates to check the function. All of you can see by now what his intentions are. Now i can’t send the delivery again because the order is appearing as late in my profile.

Yet again, I know customer support will do NOTHING at all in this matter and it sickens me to the core. So much hard work and then these guys start cheating under the protection of fiverr and we sellers are left to rot. Lost one order 2 weeks ago due to no fault of my own, and now this guy is torturing me without reason. I have repeatedly left him polite messages to which he doesn’t respond, and then suddenly just Requests Revisions. I am just so fed up of this. Have considered leaving fiver before as well due to this bullshit, but I’ve invested 2 years of my life here and done 80+ orders so now I am tethered to that and stuck here.

Can anybody please tell me what can be done about this? the mental stress due to repeated occurrences is quite demoralising

Please don’t accept his cancellation request if he sends it. Just see it as a game - you’ve worked for your money, you are entitled to payment. No matter what tricks he has up his sleeve, you keep on refusing to cancel.

Don’t write off Fiverr Support completely. Sometimes they do decide in favor of the seller. Your write-up here sums up the whole situation very well - tweak it a bit and use it to contact Fiverr support if things go south.

Best of luck! Let us know what happens.

Update: I did get a reply from customer support, and as expected they say they won’t do anything about this.

Instead they say you have 2 options:

1. keep communicating with the client
  2. cancel the order

Wow. what the hell is “customer support” there for then? I have worked on other websites too and NEVER do they give responses like this.

Update: I did get a reply from customer support, and as expected they say they won’t do anything about this.

2. cancel the order

Wow. what the hell is “customer support” there for then? I have worked on other websites too and NEVER do they give responses like this.

not sure what you were expecting … they can’t force a buyer to accept an order.

not sure what you were expecting … they can’t force a buyer to accept an order.

how about “Dear buyer, you used the “Request Revisions” feature 3 times without actually requesting any revisions. This is an abuse of a Site Feature, and is not allowed. You can communicate with seller if you wish to have some revision in your delivery.”

and this “can’t force buyer to accept order” is a farce argument. They can, and when it’s proven that someone is cheating, they should. Other websites do that easily.

Rogue people are everywhere, it just depends on how the website handles them. Fiverr has given an absolute freehand to the buyers. They abuse us as they wish, and all Fiverr says is “communicate with the client”. If the guy was communicating, why would i ever go to Customer Support?

how about “Dear buyer, you used the “Request Revisions” feature 3 times without actually requesting any revisions. This is an abuse of a Site Feature, and is not allowed. You can communicate with seller if you wish to have some revision in your delivery.”

and this “can’t force buyer to accept order” is a farce argument. They can, and when it’s proven that someone is cheating, they should. Other websites do that easily.

Rogue people are everywhere, it just depends on how the website handles them. Fiverr has given an absolute freehand to the buyers. They abuse us as they wish, and all Fiverr says is “communicate with the client”. If the guy was communicating, why would i ever go to Customer Support?

They can, and when it’s proven that someone is cheating, they should. Other websites do that easily.

no they can’t and no they shouldn’t

you can suggest them that then

I know they won’t do it. But that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t. Fiverr should straighten things out - get rid of the meksells and sellers exploiting the platform for a quick buck, and at the same time control buyers behaviour more as well. That would turn it into a more professional platform and that would be a good move in the long run. Fiverr has a bit of an image problem in professional circles and these decisions are a big part of it. Serious buyers won’t go away from a platform due to clear, enforced rules.

I know they won’t do it. But that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t. Fiverr should straighten things out - get rid of the meksells and sellers exploiting the platform for a quick buck, and at the same time control buyers behaviour more as well. That would turn it into a more professional platform and that would be a good move in the long run. Fiverr has a bit of an image problem in professional circles and these decisions are a big part of it. Serious buyers won’t go away from a platform due to clear, enforced rules.

I agree with you.

It’s really as simple as that. If a buyer can see my Completion rate before placing an order, I should be able to see how many orders he placed, and how many of them were cancelled by him.

The way it stands, the system is hardly impartial. When a project is cancelled, if it decreases my Completion rate even when it wasn’t my mistake, the cancellation should also show in the Buyer’s profile so we can be careful before we decide to work for people with high cancellation rates.

Update: Customer support again replied with the same “either communicate with the buyer, or cancel the order”. Nice.

The buyer just texted and said “Hi, I am having trouble viewing the game” - just another trick he is trying to pull. He was sent items before as well and he was able to view them just fine.

Anyway, I replied with:
"Items I have delivered and how they can be viewed:

1. Android APK - can be viewed in any Android phone, or Android Emulator on PC or MAC. I currently have the apk running in my phone just fine
  2. iOS build - upload to your iOS account and view in any iPhone, iPad you wish
  3. Source code - load it in Unity and view/edit anything you wish."

PS. I will keep sharing updates here just to highlight how easy it is for buyers to scam us, and how easily fiverr lets that happen. I know this is heading towards a cancellation. The guy will request revisions again saying “I can’t view the game” or he might ask me to “fix” the game. There is nothing to be fixed, so then he’ll push for a cancellation and that is when Fiverr support will get active too.

Update: Customer support again replied with the same “either communicate with the buyer, or cancel the order”. Nice.

The buyer just texted and said “Hi, I am having trouble viewing the game” - just another trick he is trying to pull. He was sent items before as well and he was able to view them just fine.

Anyway, I replied with:

1. Android APK - can be viewed in any Android phone, or Android Emulator on PC or MAC. I currently have the apk running in my phone just fine

PS. I will keep sharing updates here just to highlight how easy it is for buyers to scam us, and how easily fiverr lets that happen. I know this is heading towards a cancellation. The guy will request revisions again saying “I can’t view the game” or he might ask me to “fix” the game. There is nothing to be fixed, so then he’ll push for a cancellation and that is when Fiverr support will get active too.

Whatever you do, don’t accept his cancellation request!

Anyway, I replied with:

I know this is heading towards a cancellation.

If the buyer cancels, can you upload the game as your own and earn from it? The buyer won’t have the rights to use the game if he cancels.

2. cancel the order

Wow. what the hell is “customer support” there for then?

Clearly the order is still ongoing. They can easily cancel the order for you. Otherwise, they can’t force the customer to accept the order if he feels that’s not ok. So I can see why Customer Support is saying this.

Wow. what the hell is “customer support” there for then?

Clearly the order is still ongoing. They can easily cancel the order for you. Otherwise, they can’t force the customer to accept the order if he feels that’s not ok. So I can see why Customer Support is saying this.

there is nothing in my post about “forcing the buyer to accept the order”

If he needs a revision, he can tell me what needs to be revised. but pressing the “Request Revisions” button and then running away is WRONG.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

no. he doesn’t need a decompiled apk. a decompiled apk isn’t in the scope of the project, nor has it been discussed. he won’t be able to do anything with the decompiled apk anyway

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

thanks for trying to help.

I am sure he does not need a decompiled apk. throughout the project i sent him the same files for testing many times, and he never complained or commented about the format.

He started doing this after i delivered the work. He is doing it just as delaying tactics to have some sort of reason to press the “Request Revisions” button. In the latest Revision request he didnt mention this. Because I sent him screenshots of everything. Now he said “I am checking function” which means he has the files he needs. he is just playing his next trick.

It clearly looks like the buyer doesn’t want to pay and at the same time wants to eat the cake too.
There has been concerns over the CS being too lenient with the Buyers (not sure why), it’s something that has gotten too big now.
All I’d say is to fight till the end, contact the CS all the time, there’s no one else but the CS here so there’s no other way.
You have earned that sum and it’s your right to have it, you should have it.

It’s quite sad that it seems Fiverr as a company doesn’t seem to protect their sellers much. I’ve read many similar horror stories.

What I’ve noticed, when you’re contacting Customer Support, it also depends who will answer your ticket. Some agents are well trained, experienced and will help you properly and investigate everything as they should and then some other times you get newbies or lazy ones who have no idea how to do their job and they insist on the wrong answer.

I’m suggesting to try your luck by opening a new request.

Good luck dealing with this buddy, it truly sucks

Archived