Revisions... I think I have a solution!

matureactress

Every Seller has experienced the dreaded kiss of death 😢, “Buyer has requested a revision”. Most of us work pretty close to the bone and a revision sometimes (spokesperson/voice overs/etc) means a complete redo and total profit loss. Despite your bold-faced, highlighted, “NO REVISIONS” sign, they do occur.

Here’s where the problem lies. The Buyer doesn’t necessarily intend for you to lose money when they make the request, they just don’t want to pay double for their project; understanable . That’s why I’ve added revisions as extras, but at a discounted price!

… and I put this in my gig description…

—> There are NO FREE REVISIONS. However, in the unlikely event you require a revision, simply purchase an extra for your corresponding package (discount applied).

Now, when I get a request for a revision 😄 I can send the Buyer a discounted revision extra to purchase. I’ll include an explanation that it is the best route for both of us to minimize our losses. Now, should the Buyer choose not to purchase the extra, I will cancel the order under the grounds the Buyer requested something I don’t offer (free revisions). Hopefully, that will settle the matter.🎆

Wish me luck!

There are some buyers which will get pissed off, and live you with bad review.

Better you don’t fall in such category of buyers.

Any Buyer who gets “pissed off” because I was clear in my gig description, AND after I offered a compromise for both of us, had the intention to scam me from the start anyway.

I’ve never had a bad review, but should it happen (and it will), I have a rebuttal ready for posting that will illuminate the truth of what occurred.

----> Buyer requested something I do not provide.

Guest phantompower

That will only work if the revision is completely different from what the buyer asked for. Say if the buyer asks for a bus then later on asks you to change it to a track, that will qualify. But if the buyer asks for a bus then you give something that dies not meet his version of a bus, they are entitled to a free reversion or their money back… You talked about cancelling… What if the buyer initiates the cancellation first or just leaves you a 1 star rating??

Every Seller has experienced the dreaded kiss of death 😢, “Buyer has requested a revision”. Most of us work pretty close to the bone and a revision sometimes (spokesperson/voice overs/etc) means a complete redo and total profit loss. Despite your bold-faced, highlighted, “NO REVISIONS” sign, they do occur.

Here’s where the problem lies. The Buyer doesn’t necessarily intend for you to lose money when they make the request, they just don’t want to pay double for their project; understanable . That’s why I’ve added revisions as extras, but at a discounted price!

—> There are NO FREE REVISIONS. However, in the unlikely event you require a revision, simply purchase an extra for your corresponding package (discount applied).

Now, when I get a request for a revision 😄 I can send the Buyer a discounted revision extra to purchase. I’ll include an explanation that it is the best route for both of us to minimize our losses. Now, should the Buyer choose not to purchase the extra, I will cancel the order under the grounds the Buyer requested something I don’t offer (free revisions). Hopefully, that will settle the matter.🎆

Wish me luck!

Wish me luck!

on-well-okay-2805130.png.b805360524b67de8394012c0e434a613.png

Luck.

Wish me luck!

Now, should the Buyer choose not to purchase the extra, I will cancel the order under the grounds the Buyer requested something I don’t offer (free revisions)

Now wouldn’t that be a total loss?

Wish me luck!

@sunny_aldon She pretty much offered her suggestion on this, really:

If you follow this, you would charge the client for the revision or it’s a no go.

Wish me luck!

Please read my original post carefully for the answer to that question.

Most of us work pretty close to the bone and a revision sometimes (spokesperson/voice overs/etc) means a complete redo and total profit loss.

Please read my original post carefully for the answer to that question.

Most of us work pretty close to the bone and a revision sometimes (spokesperson/voice overs/etc) means a complete redo and total profit loss.

Cancelling the order will be the same as well. Won’t it be? It would be like you just gave an order for free… 😥

Not for videos. They contain a watermark until the order is accepted by the Buyer. No pay/no play.

I meant you had done the work for making that video, right?

For ex: someone orders a graphic design from me, I makes it and deliver but for some reason the order goes cancelled; then the effort I made to create that design gets wasted…

Guest phantompower

What I understand is that even if your gig says reversions are not free, you should always make sure you give the buyer what they ask for… If you ask them to pay extra for a mistake that you made you will end up with a cancellation… Mutual cancellation is fine but the more you cancel the more your rating goes down especially if the buyer initiates the cancellation or decided to let you keep the money in exchange they give that deadly 1 star rating

I meant you had done the work for making that video, right?

For ex: someone orders a graphic design from me, I makes it and deliver but for some reason the order goes cancelled; then the effort I made to create that design gets wasted…

Ok, let’s use a house painter as an example of what some of us Sellers go through…

A painter charges $100 (his rate) to paint a house the color red that the homeowner chose.

The homeowner decides the color red looks pink when the morning sun hits it and wants the house painted a much deeper shade of red.

If the painter repaints the house at no extra charge, he has painted a house 2 x for $50 each time, (half his rate). He loses $100.

If the painter refuses to repaint the house and the homeowner refuses to pay him for the work he’s done, he loses $100.

Should the painter lose $100 for 1 house painting; or lose $100 and paint it twice?

Ok, let’s use a house painter as an example of what some of us Sellers go through…

A painter charges $100 (his rate) to paint a house the color red that the homeowner chose.

The homeowner decides the color red looks pink when the morning sun hits it and wants the house painted a much deeper shade of red.

If the painter repaints the house at no extra charge, he has painted a house 2 x for $50 each time, (half his rate). He loses $100.

If the painter refuses to repaint the house and the homeowner refuses to pay him for the work he’s done, he loses $100.

Should the painter lose $100 for 1 house painting; or lose $100 and paint it twice?

the color red that the homeowner chose

If I was the painter, “Please select a sample color from the following”

colors.thumb.jpg.bcbb7e6b8db9273755332c82374be9f9.jpg

Jokes aside Robin, in your case you may want to include this somewhere,

"This is not a graphic design or an app development gig, where one can perform revisions with the simple click of a mouse or a tap on a keyboard.

Revision for my gig in video production means a RETAKE, a retake means COMPLETE DO-OVER.

So please take that into consideration and understand my pricing chart for EXTRA REVISION."

Mutuelle cancellations are not good for your gig 😉 i guarantee that unfortunately ):

I don’t know where you get that. Myself and plenty of other Sellers have been told by CS that mutual cancellation are not strikes against us if they occur prior to the delivery deadline.

Fiverr and Sellers are in a partnership, not a slave/master relationship. It’s ridiculous to believe you have a gun to your head to do work you can’t possibly complete because the Buyer never sent the requirements.

I had to cancel an order requesting a video of me washing my dog in my garden. I have neither a dog nor a garden. And I’ve had to cancel many, many more crazy orders. Zip. Nada. Zilch. Nothing happened to my status or my revenue stream.

Cancellations because you missed the deadline is a definite black mark though.

Archived