Fiverr Forum

Revisions... I think I have a solution!

Every Seller has experienced the dreaded kiss of death :cry:, “Buyer has requested a revision”. Most of us work pretty close to the bone and a revision sometimes (spokesperson/voice overs/etc) means a complete redo and total profit loss. Despite your bold-faced, highlighted, “NO REVISIONS” sign, they do occur.

Here’s where the problem lies. The Buyer doesn’t necessarily intend for you to lose money when they make the request, they just don’t want to pay double for their project; understanable :zap:. That’s why I’ve added revisions as extras, but at a discounted price!

… and I put this in my gig description…

—> There are NO FREE REVISIONS. However, in the unlikely event you require a revision, simply purchase an extra for your corresponding package (discount applied).

Now, when I get a request for a revision :smile: I can send the Buyer a discounted revision extra to purchase. I’ll include an explanation that it is the best route for both of us to minimize our losses. Now, should the Buyer choose not to purchase the extra, I will cancel the order under the grounds the Buyer requested something I don’t offer (free revisions). Hopefully, that will settle the matter.:fireworks:

Wish me luck!

16 Likes

5 Likes

Very nice good luck on that

1 Like

That’s a great idea, and a creative use of the extras feature!

2 Likes

There are some buyers which will get pissed off, and live you with bad review.
Better you don’t fall in such category of buyers.

1 Like

Yes there maybe probable cause of buyer aggravation, but that is why our dear @matureactress is going to apply this for her niche as a test subject and report back to us with its results. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Any Buyer who gets “pissed off” because I was clear in my gig description, AND after I offered a compromise for both of us, had the intention to scam me from the start anyway.

I’ve never had a bad review, but should it happen (and it will), I have a rebuttal ready for posting that will illuminate the truth of what occurred.

----> Buyer requested something I do not provide.

2 Likes

Best of luck. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice Madam. I Was Also Thinking Of It What If Buyer Want 2 Design And He Pay For One And After He/She Do Modification Request And Ask To Completely Change The Design He Will Get His 2 Jobs Done In One Order

1 Like

That will only work if the revision is completely different from what the buyer asked for. Say if the buyer asks for a bus then later on asks you to change it to a track, that will qualify. But if the buyer asks for a bus then you give something that dies not meet his version of a bus, they are entitled to a free reversion or their money back… You talked about cancelling… What if the buyer initiates the cancellation first or just leaves you a 1 star rating??

1 Like

Luck.

1 Like

Good Luck @silkroute

1 Like

Now wouldn’t that be a total loss?

3 Likes

Thanks, dude! @sunny_aldon

2 Likes

@sunny_aldon She pretty much offered her suggestion on this, really:

If you follow this, you would charge the client for the revision or it’s a no go.

1 Like

Please read my original post carefully for the answer to that question. [quote=“matureactress, post:1, topic:96314”]
Most of us work pretty close to the bone and a revision sometimes (spokesperson/voice overs/etc) means a complete redo and total profit loss.
[/quote]

1 Like

Cancelling the order will be the same as well. Won’t it be? It would be like you just gave an order for free… :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

Not for videos. They contain a watermark until the order is accepted by the Buyer. No pay/no play.

1 Like

I meant you had done the work for making that video, right?

For ex: someone orders a graphic design from me, I makes it and deliver but for some reason the order goes cancelled; then the effort I made to create that design gets wasted…

2 Likes

What I understand is that even if your gig says reversions are not free, you should always make sure you give the buyer what they ask for… If you ask them to pay extra for a mistake that you made you will end up with a cancellation… Mutual cancellation is fine but the more you cancel the more your rating goes down especially if the buyer initiates the cancellation or decided to let you keep the money in exchange they give that deadly 1 star rating

1 Like