Revisions within timeline

dana_luker

I have a gig with 3 revisions offered at the premium level. More than once, revisions have been requested just before the timeline of the gig is up (4 days in this case - revisions requested late on the 4th day) I never mind revisions, but I want to figure out how to keep the order from being marked late after I have made the delivery on the first day of the order, and then waited for the customer response and had to bust my butt to complete revisions before the original timeline. I had the thought to offer the revisions as an extra with no cost, but I find no way to do that. Any suggestions on how you deal with this issue (is it an issue for everyone?)

Welcome to the Fiverr forums.

As long as the original delivery was made on time, the timer for revisions doesn’t matter, as it has no effect. It’s more of a suggestion. So I suppose it’s a non-issue.

https://forum.fiverr.com/search?q=revision%20timer%20%23Fiverr-Tips

Well, I had an order tagged as late when the (third) revision was delivered just shortly after the original timeline was up, so apparently it’s an issue.

Huh.
I wonder if it’s a new update from Fiverr. It didn’t affect it in the past. Though… it wouldn’t make sense unless they also permitted sellers to somehow have a way of stating how long a revision will take.

The original deliveries were made through the ‘deliver now’ button, right? I’ll admit I’m at a loss, if that is actually the case.

Maybe this is an actual bug. I’m sorry, but I’m out of suggestions. In the past, this hasn’t been an issue. :woman_shrugging:

• 1 month later...

Hello dana-liker - I wonder did you get any resolution to this problem? I have just had the same thing happen, in fact the buyer didn’t even want a revision he wanted a tiny extra sentence to be edited, but he raised a revision, it threw the job LATE, and it has adversely affected my metrics. So I wondered what the outcome of your issue was, if any?

Hello dana-liker - I wonder did you get any resolution to this problem? I have just had the same thing happen, in fact the buyer didn’t even want a revision he wanted a tiny extra sentence to be edited, but he raised a revision, it threw the job LATE, and it has adversely affected my metrics. So I wondered what the outcome of your issue was, if any?

In that case, just extend the delivery date. Once your buyer accepted your extended delivery date request, deliver the order again. This way you can maintain 100% on time delivery metrics.

Hi, I did not get any resolution - only un-helpful suggestions and statements that this does not/should not occur… (yet, it does). I have added a day or two to all my delivery times to try to forestall it happening again. There are cases where it does anyway because a customer requests a revision right before the original deadline runs out. This should not mark the job as late, but twice, for me, it has. I have found no way to prevent this. I considered taking out a revision or two on gig descriptions, and adding a line about them being available - but I don’t want to lose customers so I have not taken that step as yet. Open to any suggestions, other than “that doesn’t happen”.

Hi, I did not get any resolution - only un-helpful suggestions and statements that this does not/should not occur… (yet, it does). I have added a day or two to all my delivery times to try to forestall it happening again. There are cases where it does anyway because a customer requests a revision right before the original deadline runs out. This should not mark the job as late, but twice, for me, it has. I have found no way to prevent this. I considered taking out a revision or two on gig descriptions, and adding a line about them being available - but I don’t want to lose customers so I have not taken that step as yet. Open to any suggestions, other than “that doesn’t happen”.

Thank you for replying. I totally understand your position, and as a Level 2 Seller my profile is now teetering on the metric cliff edge due to a number of these incidents. It’s hard work to become a Level 2, as I’m sure you know, and I do not intend to lose it through no fault of my own. I will be very careful with my delivery times and gig descriptions from now on. Thank you again for replying.

Archived