Right To Refuse Service

dukestravels

This needs to be implemented as soon as possible. I don’t understand why I should be obliged to carry through with a service with absolutely anyone who buys the gig. Ive had a couple of bad experiences with customers who held me to ransom with threats of a negative. I would like to blacklist them from my gigs.

I agree and disagree with madmoo, i had some bad experiences as well. Let me give you a scenario of a pure scammer. Say you do a logo or a video or any design work. Then they refuse it, saying they want a refund. They get to keep your custom work and use it. You cant reason with a scammer. It was his motive from start.

Customer support can barely help as well. This is why i think blacklisting and being able to reject is necessary.

There are many getting away with this. If i could i would blacklist so they cant purchase anything from me. Also wish i could blacklist them if they fail to follow instructions after you send them another revision of your instructions. Without affecting your rating. Some buyers should invest in a dictionary and re-enroll in school for an extra semester then buying a gig.

Sorry for the grammar mistakes written from my galaxy phone.

Don’t even get me started about some buyers attitude as well. Thinking they bought a castle.

Reply to @madmoo:

" It may be like pulling teeth but we tend to get there eventually!" I went thru that just today.

"In the case of buyers who have tried it on before, then yes, I’d ask support to cancel if the buyer won’t, and I think that’s acceptable.“

This does’t settle well in my stomach. There is another TRS on fiverr that offers

money back guarantee, along with " If you are not happy, I will refund you” .

I am guessing, that TRS person gets a fair number of refunds. I have been keeping a close eye on TRS folks, it seems that cancellations will never affect them on dropping a level.

In regards to your statement, CS(Customer Support) has mentioned to me before. Whether they cancel it, or you do or mutual cancellation. Basically any cancellation will affect your level as well as rating.

The TRS person I mentioned. I am super curious as to how he is immune to cancellations. Or are all TRS folks immune to cancellations.

I could use some clarification on this.

I can relate to the graphic design scenario. I stopped doing it because of awkward customers. Its fine to ask for revisions, but some are just out for a freebie. I’m not sure the word discrimination is necessarily accurate. I know nothing about the customer other than what comes out in any PM correspondence, so have nothing to really discriminate on.

Transactions based on vibes and dialog are cancelled between buyers and sellers all the time in the business world, I don’t see how fiverr should be any different. Its not discrimination, it just means the transaction did not work out. I walk away from deals on s k ype because of bad vibes.

I would go one further and have an option for the seller to tick a box that states the buyer must contact the seller with details of his/her request BEFORE ordering. I tried putting this in my listing and 99% ignored, which led to more mutual cancellations.

• 6 years later...

Has the Right to Refuse Service been implemented in Fiverr yet?? I’m new to Fiverr and don’t know a whole a lot about how it works but I’ve been getting a lot of orders recently and had to cancel one. I soon found out the buyer has to agree to cancel the order too. I think having it where the seller gets to decide which orders to take on and dismiss would be a better system to me, though I understand protecting buyers should be important too. But from reading some of the comments on this post it’s concerning to see how easily you can get scammed on this website in particular because of some of Fiverr’s policies/proceedures. I think the Right to Refuse Service should always be given for any business/service ALWAYS and I don’t think I will be able to keep selling on this website without that right. It’s too risky and could really cause a bad reputation for any Fiverr seller if a customer knows the easily found loop holes to scam or ruin someone’s rep on this platfom. I know no system is perfect but the Right to Refuse Service is a HUGE need in any business. I really like Fiverr and I love selling through this platform so I would hate to have to leave to protect myself. Please add this right to your policy.

Has the Right to Refuse Service been implemented in Fiverr yet?? I’m new to Fiverr and don’t know a whole a lot about how it works but I’ve been getting a lot of orders recently and had to cancel one. I soon found out the buyer has to agree to cancel the order too. I think having it where the seller gets to decide which orders to take on and dismiss would be a better system to me, though I understand protecting buyers should be important too. But from reading some of the comments on this post it’s concerning to see how easily you can get scammed on this website in particular because of some of Fiverr’s policies/proceedures. I think the Right to Refuse Service should always be given for any business/service ALWAYS and I don’t think I will be able to keep selling on this website without that right. It’s too risky and could really cause a bad reputation for any Fiverr seller if a customer knows the easily found loop holes to scam or ruin someone’s rep on this platfom. I know no system is perfect but the Right to Refuse Service is a HUGE need in any business. I really like Fiverr and I love selling through this platform so I would hate to have to leave to protect myself. Please add this right to your policy.

No Fiverr hasn’t added it yet. People can still order and request things that aren’t in your gig description and where the gig description specifies exactly what is offered. Cancelling will then affect your stats and can easily lead to a demotion/not getting a promotion, just because a buyer requests something in the order requirements that you don’t do/offer in the gig. That cancellation will also affect your rank in the search engine.

@uk1000 Do you know if Fiverr plans to add it to their policy? I don’t understand how Fiverr could let this happen so how ever many years they’ve been online.

They’ve never said they plan to. They still keep saying they want to be the Amazon of online services I think, where you can order without checking with the seller first.

@uk1000 But you can’t do that with the so many services that are on Fiverr. People are not machines I don’t understand. I guess I’ll have to find a different platform then… know of any good ones?

know of any good ones?

Sorry we’re not allowed to say according to a recent forum post.

Archived