Rights

cjharris

What vainpaper told you about copyrights is correct but I don’t think it’s fair to discourage working with Level1 sellers. Being new seller here doesn’t actually means not having experience in your expertise realm. And yes, Level 1 seller can sell his copyrights too. You don’t necessary need an extra, you can buy 2 or 3 gigs instead of 1, depending on the ownership established price.

Hello,

Regardless of seller level, if the seller doesn’t specify otherwise in the gig you should not have an issue and should not need to pay extra. (Notice the word “if” there.) Here is a quote from current Fiverr Terms of Service:

"Ownership and limitations: unless clearly stated otherwise in the Gig description text, when the work is delivered, the buyer is granted all intellectual property rights, including but not limited to, copyrights for the work delivered from the seller and the seller waives any and all moral rights therein. All transfer and assignment of intellectual property to buyer shall be subject to full payment for the Gig."

Just read the gig description carefully and good luck! Also - this only applies when full payment to the seller is made and there are no disputes.

Reply to @ruxandradraws: You can also use the custom price quote system for that, it’s a pretty good system that allows you to bypass the gig’s price and charge however much is necessary for a given task that is not specified on your gig! I used it to sell before and I’d recommend it!

EDIT: Damn I need to use more commas 😃

Archived