I have been here on Fiverr since 2014, though I actually started working on it from I guess the end of 2016. Initially, it was just out of curiosity, figuring out what Fiverr is all about, how a lot of people are earning on Fiverr and how I can earn on Fiverr.
Things started to turn around End of 2017, I started offering some unique services based on my experience which appealed to a lot of people and I started getting good traction.
I became a level 1 seller and then a level 2 seller with my eyes on becoming the top level seller.
But somewhere down the line, I lost focus and unfortunately, 1 of my top performing gigs was suspended as well because fo copyright violation, I couldn’t do much, I guess, the image that was used in that gig was someone else but I could never know for sure.
I had trouble organizing and managing my work due to too many orders and a few demanding clients but mostly it was me.
Since September 2018, it has been a downhill Journey, very less number of orders, lost all my rankings and level.
Today I have again gained my Level 1 ranking and hopefully, it will stick and I will again rise to Level 2 and then to a Top Level Seller soon.
Some Lessons for Self and All Fiverr Entrepreneurs here:
- Become organized
- Become a better manager
- Ensure you deliver your orders on time (huge success factor on Fiverr and other freelancing marketplaces)
- Reach out to past clients whom you have worked for to get new orders when there is a dry patch going on.
- Be patient and keep working on making your services and yourself better.
- Build up your own assets (blog, website, podcast, etc.)
- When you have fallen, you can either keep laying on the ground or try to get up.
- Focus on providing value and something fresh.
I look forward to hearing from sellers with similar experiences and their lessons.