Rising talent badge

Apparently three of my Gigs are now showing a badge ‘Rising Talent’ (Rising talent with a high potential, recommended by Fiverr’s editors).

I’ve searched the forum about this new badge, but only found one thread which did not really give much information. Is this the replacement of the old ‘Featured’ Gigs? What does this mean for your profile and Gigs? Does it only place your Gig above other Gigs, or does it do more than that?

Anyways, I’m quite happy my Gigs are showing this badge. Gives some new motivation! 😉

Have a nice day everyone

• 2 weeks later...

I just stumbled over this when looking for something else, it´s mentioned in the Seller Help Center now:

What does the “Rising Talent” badge on a Gig mean?
When your Gig is handpicked by our Editorial Team, it receives a “Rising Talent” badge. This means your Gig will receive meaningful marketplace exposure and credibility.
Please keep in mind that the Handpicked status is temporary. The chosen Gigs will be displayed randomly and the badge may be removed by the Editorial Team.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I just stumbled over this when looking for something else, it´s mentioned in the Seller Help Center now:

What does the “Rising Talent” badge on a Gig mean?

When your Gig is handpicked by our Editorial Team, it receives a “Rising Talent” badge. This means your Gig will receive meaningful marketplace exposure and credibility.

Please keep in mind that the Handpicked status is temporary. The chosen Gigs will be displayed randomly and the badge may be removed by the Editorial Team.

Hi there @vickiespencer I was going to start new topic but I don’t wanna.

I am so, well, not angry but, disappointed.

If you go now on Graphic design and point-blank select Logo design you will get 4 users with RISING STAR badge. Now 3 users are real graphic designers while one is an obvious fraud. He is using images from students’ portfolios they created as their work in graphic design school. A simple Google image search gives you a result. The user is from one continent while a student that created logos published on the university web page is on another continent. And all three of his GIG images are taken from the internet and plus his first and only order is also vector taken from the internet AND 😃 his GIG description consists of two sentences. Yes. You heard me.

So the whole: "

your Gig is handpicked by our Editorial Team

yea, right…

How was he granted a RISING STAR badge?

Makes no sense what so ever.

If you go now on Graphic design and point-blank select Logo design you will get 4 users with RISING STAR badge. Now 3 users are real graphic designers while one is an obvious fraud. He is using images from students’ portfolios they created as their work in graphic design school. A simple Google image search gives you a result. The user is from one continent while a student that created logos published on the university web page is on another continent. And all three of his GIG images are taken from the internet and plus his first and only order is also vector taken from the internet AND 😃 his GIG description consists of two sentences. Yes. You heard me.

yea, right…

I don’t believe for one second that they are handpicked either. I remember seeing a seller in the translation category who was a “Rising Talent.” There was no way that Fiverr could check if he was any good or not as he did not have any samples or orders. It was also obvious that he was very, very young.

His prices were extremely high, though. Something I have also noticed among other “Rising Talents.” My theory (based on very flimsy evidence) is that the system rewards sellers who start out with high prices to give them an edge so Fiverr can earn more money.

yea, right…

Well, that text I quoted doesn’t say anything about “vetted” like in Pro texts, I guess “handpicked” can mean a lot of things. Like you close your eyes and put your finger on the screen, maybe the “randomly” isn’t just valid for the “displayed” part but for the selection process as well …

I’ve given up even looking at other people’s gigs long ago, unless I want to buy a gig myself, which I only do when I know I don’t have any other plans that evening, because it takes me a lot of time to do some “vetting” of my own.

When I stumble over something that’s clearly illegal (like I reported a gig that openly offered hacking, and not for testing purposes of the potential buyer’s own site and with their knowledge), I report it, else, it’s Fiverr’s job to do the vetting and handpicking, though I’d love to see the briefing for that job, maybe young and aspiring is a factor, maybe the initial price, who knows.

Well, that text I quoted doesn’t say anything about “vetted” like in Pro texts, I guess “handpicked” can mean a lot of things. Like you close your eyes and put your finger on the screen, maybe the “randomly” isn’t just valid for the “displayed” part but for the selection process as well …

I’ve given up even looking at other people’s gigs long ago, unless I want to buy a gig myself, which I only do when I know I don’t have any other plans that evening, because it takes me a lot of time to do some “vetting” of my own.

When I stumble over something that’s clearly illegal (like I reported a gig that openly offered hacking, and not for testing purposes of the potential buyer’s own site and with their knowledge), I report it, else, it’s Fiverr’s job to do the vetting and handpicking, though I’d love to see the briefing for that job, maybe young and aspiring is a factor, maybe the initial price, who knows.

Yes, but the whole logo category is swamped with frauds and I get that they do not have time to check them all but to give Rising star badge to someone who stole artwork from students…

Plus among the three other users with badge this one sticks out so bad it is painfull.

Archived