Rude Buyers

I often get contacted about buyers to do web design work. Sometimes I’m on my desktop pc so I get to respond right away. At other times, I may be at my full-time job with no access to Fiverr except a few minutes break on my mobile phone. Unfortunately, I don’t get to reply to the buyer until hours later. At that time, I review the project and ask the buyer for further information or politely decline. Most of the time, I’ll ask them to book the gig.

Here’s the issue; not all buyers respond!! I’m assuming they may have gotten someone else to do the job but atleast they could let me know that.

Kim

Reply to @tn5rr2012: Seconding @metalriot, I’m super curious! Though you don’t have to share if it’s top-secret or something haha ;D

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: Not necessarily about fiverr, but giving it a day sounds better than what I do (giving it 3 days) since I’m usually too shy/not confident enough to follow up… my experience was usually they aren’t interested anymore, BUT I did have one buyer come back a year later (!!!) so… I guess they really are just forgetful sometimes!

Fiverr is really not that bad when it comes to delays in communication. Working offline it is not at all uncommon for people to come back to you months after getting quotes :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not sure if I’d classify that as “rude”, but I sure do understand what you mean. :slight_smile: I respond as normal to every message I receive. It’s up to the buyer to respond or not, but I don’t stress over it. If they need it that badly, they’ll let me know. Otherwise, that’s just more time for other gigs or my own projects that I need to do.

Don’t let it stress you out. There will always be those that fade in and disappear faster than they appeared. Then there will always be those that come, give you good business, and perhaps come back again later.

That’s just how it goes. :slight_smile:

@kim_talented so do you just go ahead and ask for cancellation of the order then wait three days?

I have a program set up on my computer that if I set it (If know I will be away) it sends an automatic out of office reply, just to acknowledge the message on fiverr.

Reply to @tn5rr2012: how do you do this? That’s great.

Reply to @itsamellama: a YEAR later?? How long have you been on Fiverr?

Kim

Reply to @kim_talented: I’m talking about general experience offering odd jobs here and there even before I heard about Fiverr. I assume it’d be one of those universal things you’d experience anywhere. :)) I’m actually very new to Fiverr as I’m experimenting on doing a few gigs here for fun and a bit of pocket money, and see if it works out for me or not. :))

i get this all the time… i hate it and wish people wouldnt do it

I just hate how they get all upset with you if you take more than a day to reply… especially if you are busy working on orders that you currently have and have no time to check email. AND furthermore, in most cases it’s just a question that is pretty self explanatory like “can do you a fan sign with my company name” when it clearly says that’s the gig that I do… fan signs with company names or products or anything you want. sigh

I don’t feel comfortable doing business with what can I do?: I’m kind of in a tight spot here. I have a policy that I put on every one of my listings that …

Fragglesrock.com

Reply to @itsamellama: A lot of times I will put feelers out…does the seller have time, feel confident enough, and I like to work with sellers who enjoy what they are doing. To me, the care that they manifest and the pride in their art speak volumes. Once I have found the right fit, I will contact that seller. To those not selected, I respond with a thank you for you offer, or not at this time.

I’m not sure if I’d classify that as “rude”, but I sure do understand what you mean. :slight_smile: I respond as normal to every message I receive. It’s up to the buyer to respond or not, but I don’t stress over it. If they need it that badly, they’ll let me know. Otherwise, that’s just more time for other gigs or my own projects that I need to do.

Don’t let it stress you out. There will always be those that fade in and disappear faster than they appeared. Then there will always be those that come, give you good business, and perhaps come back again later.

That’s just how it goes. :slight_smile:

@kim_talented so do you just go ahead and ask for cancellation of the order then wait three days?

I have a program set up on my computer that if I set it (If know I will be away) it sends an automatic out of office reply, just to acknowledge the message on fiverr.

Reply to @tn5rr2012: how do you do this? That’s great.

Reply to @itsamellama: a YEAR later?? How long have you been on Fiverr?

Kim

Reply to @kim_talented: I’m talking about general experience offering odd jobs here and there even before I heard about Fiverr. I assume it’d be one of those universal things you’d experience anywhere. :)) I’m actually very new to Fiverr as I’m experimenting on doing a few gigs here for fun and a bit of pocket money, and see if it works out for me or not. :))