Fiverr Forum

Safe exit option for the seller from ongoing order with incompetent client, not to ruin next level elegibility?

Or it was written in the stars…!

Glad you git what you wanted…
Still hoping to avoid rating or any adverse effect…but its getting worse and less than 5 days left…will see…

Thank you for your support!

Scanned the whole thread. I am a Composer, Mix Engineer, Record Producer so understand. I have had my share of these elsewhere (can’t land anything on Fiverr yet - I may be stooping too low myself).

Looking at your main $500 Gig. Looks & sounds good. Not bargain basement cheap, not uber-pro expensive. Fine. You do however have “Guaranteed satisfaction - Money Back Guarantee”. I am gonna say that is mental as it draws in scammers or people who like to second guess everything they (and therefore you) do. You have very little to support not holding the line when you have already said that you don’t have a line (or the line you have is the wrong one in the wrong place).

All along you have been unwilling to bend to let anything go. You have done the work (very well I assume) but have been unwilling to accept that this client is probably best sacked. Sure it will cost something but what is the opportunity cost (cost of not doing something) of not acting strongly here?

If you allow people to take more than their (paid for) slice of pie, or anything else that is the mark of being a real Pro, you are sending a bad message which draws more scavengers whilst chasing away better people. As a buyer, I am always put off by that style of guarantee. If you show yourself playing like a Pro I expect you will play like a Pro for me, therefore there should be no reason to be telling me I would want my money back. I may ask you not to play on the pickups or something but that should also be in my Brief either directly “don’t play on the pickups” or “smooth, flowing, no clank”. If I didn’t say I’d expect you to ask, or I’d take a day to see if you hadn’t sent me a greater performance than I saw. If not then I’d ask for revision or accept that I muffed it depending on your offer and our relationship.

You had a part in things getting to here and it is somewhere in that “attitude” arena so work out what that is, be thankful it showed for you to sort and take the hit of a Cancellation or a 1-star Review on the chin. Me, I’d take the money and if he posts a 1-star, it will probably help you more than hinder as he will “guild his lily” and make it clear he is a bad client so you can close him off very easily and gain more kudos in the mind of better people.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for your time…
Creative services are slippery ones…fully aware of that…but that is the only reason why i have put Money back thing…especially since i have put it when being completely fresh in here…
But i agree…it is time to remove that…
As anyways i do not engage in prior testing waters and if we are on same page…
Which i did now…client was in awe…bht there are no guarantees in working with people…we need strong back and support…

Thats the bare reason of me making this thread…simply amazed how there is no safe exit strategy flr such an easy possible situation like this…

But it is…what it is…
Thank you all

A real pro should know how to handle incompetent client, no matter what service you sell you will have to understand and deal with all kind of clients like a Pro!

Yes but if we look at the history of recorded music we see plenty of dummy spits where Artists or Producers stormed off the project. Sometimes to come back, others to remove their name from the whole project.

What I am saying is that while easy to say “If you were a real pro…”, it is not always so easy to implement as it does take two to both begin & end the Beguine. If one won’t take the right steps, it has to end in nastiness. Of course, the more experience and confidence one has as a Pro, the easier it is to see the red flags and either send out the sheep dog or dump the project before it starts.

A way to handle these things without so much fear would be good. I guess Fiverr don’t want to make cancelling Gigs easy or they’d have people using it all the time and therefore Fiverr wouldn’t be earning :wink:

1 Like

Ask customer service to close the order.