Sales Drastically Dropped After Activating 3 Packages

whiteboardexp

Hello fiverr friends.

This is something I’m very much concerned about. I’m a successful seller offering whiteboard animation and used to have more than 20 orders queued up. Just about two to three weeks ago and for the first time activating my three packages I have experienced a huge drop in sales. Not even a single sale for the past week. Before, I used to hire a relative or friends to reply to my messages so I could focus on completing orders but not this time. Sales that I’m completing now are from repeat buyers and also modification awaiting to be completed.
Is this normal to have this kind of drop in sales after activating your three packages? Has anyone experienced this before?
Every contribution is highly appreciated. Thanks.

(english is not my first language so pls forgive my grammatical errors)

My sales didn’t increase after adding packages but they didn’t go down. I’ve searched for ‘whiteboard video’ and you come up on the first page. Did you do other changes at the same time as adding packages? Did you put your prices up? Has your rating gone down recently or has it been that way for a while? did you change category or tags? Do you have the same number of impressions, or clicks/views as before or is it less? Has the conversion rate for the gig gone down? These are all things you need to look at to determine the root cause of your change.

It may just be a natural dip in demand but you should be able to tell if people aren’t visiting your gig, then work out why not, or if people are visiting your gig, then not buying.

Sorry for the late response. Before, the base price was $5 then I moved it to $10 but I don’t think this should be the cause. When I started on fiverr I was hired by a fiver administrator(don’t really know the position) to do a video for fiverr which will be marketed on social media to drive traffic to the whiteboard explainer category and was promised a promotion if it turns out well. I offered my best and when the order was over I was really promoted and started seeing traffic than I could handle. This is just to give you an idea of how I had a blessed fiverr experience before.
Talking about impression and the rest they’ve all run down. From about an average of 300 views per day to less than 10 when after this unfortunate happened.
The changes made was activating the 3 packages then revising the description. Category and tags is unchanged. I started seeing this drop just a day after activating my packages.

My sales didn’t increase after adding packages but they didn’t go down. I’ve searched for ‘whiteboard video’ and you come up on the first page. Did you do other changes at the same time as adding packages? Did you put your prices up? Has your rating gone down recently or has it been that way for a while? did you change category or tags? Do you have the same number of impressions, or clicks/views as before or is it less? Has the conversion rate for the gig gone down? These are all things you need to look at to determine the root cause of your change.

It may just be a natural dip in demand but you should be able to tell if people aren’t visiting your gig, then work out why not, or if people are visiting your gig, then not buying.

Sorry for the late response. Before, the base price was $5 then I moved it to $10 but I don’t think this should be the cause. When I started on fiverr I was hired by a fiver administrator(don’t really know the position) to do a video for fiverr which will be marketed on social media to drive traffic to the whiteboard explainer category and was promised a promotion if it turns out well. I offered my best and when the order was over I was really promoted and started seeing traffic than I could handle. This is just to give you an idea of how I had a blessed fiverr experience before.

Talking about impression and the rest they’ve all run down. From about an average of 300 views per day to less than 10 when after this unfortunate happened.

The changes made was activating the 3 packages then revising the description. Category and tags is unchanged. I started seeing this drop just a day after activating my packages. I also found out that users can’t revert the changes after activating the packages

I’m guessing you’re in the success club and put all their advice in December/Jan into practice? I say this as I went all out on packages and increasing my base price to above $5 on this same advice and yes, sales are half what they were before.

I’ve got a disasterous 1 -2 clicks per day on gigs which used to have 10’s of clicks per day easy. My best advice would be (if you can) to enjoy the free time to look into expanding elsewhere or doing fun real world things. Either that or try and revert back to your old package and pricing options.

I’m guessing you’re in the success club and put all their advice in December/Jan into practice? I say this as I went all out on packages and increasing my base price to above $5 on this same advice and yes, sales are half what they were before.

I’ve got a disasterous 1 -2 clicks per day on gigs which used to have 10’s of clicks per day easy. My best advice would be (if you can) to enjoy the free time to look into expanding elsewhere or doing fun real world things. Either that or try and revert back to your old package and pricing options.

You could try using the package where there is just one package. That looks similar to the way the gigs with no packages look. I think the problem is in that layout.

I took a look at your best selling gig and as usual got bogged down looking at those 3 columns trying to figure out what the difference is and what you are offering in each and couldn’t tell the difference or read anything about what should make me want to buy.

By the time I scrolled down to the description I was already tired and disgusted.

I don’t know if others experience the confusion and frustration I do when I see 3 packages but you could try that. At least your description would come first where it belongs.

I think that’s because you have had a few late deliveries, that has pushed your ranking down, not because of packages…I switched to packages after that scare and doing pretty okay.

The changes made was activating the 3 packages then revising the description. Category and tags is unchanged. I started seeing this drop just a day after activating my packages.

Before, the base price was $5 then I moved it to $10 but I don’t think this should be the cause.

Well, one business concept you might consider:

Only change one thing at a time, to make sure you know what is working and what is not.

Since you both activated packages AND changed your pricing, there is no way of knowing which activity caused the drop.

In addition, if you had late deliveries (someone else mentioned that) then that certainly makes a huge difference.

Not to mention that all categories continue to grow, new people come in the market and can undercut your pricing IF the primary value someone offers is low price.

When trying packages, it makes sense to leave one of the three (your basic) at the same price as your non-gig package. That allows you to see if the higher price on a standard gig (the default view) is supported by the market.

Archived