Fiverr Forum

Same word should be allowed more than 3-4 times

Some time it becomes very tough to explain what we are offering in the gig when we are not allowed to use the same word twice don’t you think fiverr should increase this limit to at least 4 times…?

At present fiverr does not allow once word more than twice…

I think its 3 times, probably fiverr doesn’t allow it more than 3 times because they can be used by sellers to dominate the search results and as fiverr claims each seller is given equal and fair chance to sell here .

no its only 2 time if you check…and its sometime very hard to describe a gig.

i write full 1200 words description in which it allows me to use a single keyword at max 3 times.

Its not allowed in title and tags I know and it becomes a tad difficult sometimes.

1 Like

it is also not allowed in description also… that what it makes more difficult.

Yes it may be possible it depend on word count…

Spamming is bad!

spamming is other thing what you need more use of same work to explain your gig completely…

It is definitely annoying when updating your gig.

Yeah, it can get annoying, just have to look for synonyms. :slight_smile:

It may be frustrating but I understand from the point of view of administrators, to give a fair chance to everyone.

Spamming is really bad. One time is ok. The reviews should tell more :slight_smile:

It may in fact be a ration of words. Meaning if you use 300 words, maybe you can only use a word once but if you write a 1200 word description it may allow more.

The rule is most likely in place to stop spam as you guys have said.

I agree completely. I understand the reasoning (keeping spammers from dominating gig space), but some gigs are near impossible to describe without listing the word several times. For example, “tweeting” can be used as a verb or noun (tweet), and trying to describe something with that is difficult to do without saying it a few times. Also, I like using the words in the title as well. With some VERY creative word-stretching, I’ve been able to work around it so far, but it can be very trying on one’s patience sometimes. ha ha…

I’m pretty sure this limit is also put upon the “instructions for buyers” section too. It’s pretty inconvenient, because sometimes the instructions are very focused upon a certain specific thing, and I don’t think instructions are going to clog up the search function!

1 Like

I also have lots of problems posting new gigs. Not being able to use the word “articles” and some other terms more times to describe my article writing gigs sometimes makes my descriptions look a bit akward. And who would order articles from a writer who can’t even write proper descriptions for her services?

1 Like

spamming is other thing what you need more use of same work to explain your gig completely…

It is definitely annoying when updating your gig.

Yeah, it can get annoying, just have to look for synonyms. :slight_smile: