SCAM: Plagiarism Article Hide Behind Unicode UTF-8 Code File to Cheat Copyscape Used By Sellers

cafecremeart

Beware! They will send the file of the article using a ‘Unicode UTF-8’ file and when you check at GRAMMARLY.COM for plagiarism, no plagiarism was detected. I retyped back the whole artlcle on microsft word and check again at GRAMMARLY.COM and ‘Plagiarism was detected’. Check at PLAGIARISMA.NET only 26% Unique. What a SCAM!

This coded file can cheat Online Plagiarism Checker. Here is another link to a post in a forum regarding this scam that was posted on November 2015 https://forum.fiverr.com********
This scam has resurfaced again now in 2017. Beware!

Update May 22:
Reported to Customer Support about their activity by giving them the evidence of the original article along with the order number. Got a refund from Fiverr but no action was taken towards to the seller. It seems that they are allowed to scam more buyers with the approval of Fiverr.

The will send you microsft word like the image below:

1455315855_scammicrosoftword.thumb.jpg.427d53833597baf34b8af5fafa32f98d.jpg

When you convert it to .txt file it will look like the image below:

1922142676_scamtxtfile.thumb.jpg.e7d6996d2090c9e8e34f40716cf998a8.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, have already informed customer support regarding their activity.

Please stop posting the username. It was removed and you reposted it. Make sure to respect the forum rules. Thank you.

Glad you contacted customer support. They will look into it.

• 1 month later...

Hello Everyone,

I spent over $3k on Fiverr on the various articles, initially was so impressed quality of articles and speed of delivery. so I keep on ordering more and more articles, ironically one-day some writer copied an article from my other blog of ours.

I was surprised that article shows its 100% unique in Copyscape as well when you search in google, I couldn’t sleep one it and I finally figured 60% of articles I ordered from 10+ sellers are cheating.

This is how it works:

1. First, they copy content from the internet
  2. They feed that content to some software that manipulates the content in a way that the content won’t show copied in Copyscape
  3. Cheating method: For example, if they have to write this text “they are cheaters”
    this is what that software does
    letter “T” is chosen from Polish character set
    letter “h” is chosen from French character set
    letter “ eh” are chosen from English

in this way no Copyscape is able to find this thing and show the article is copied so most are happy of what they got.

So now i have 7 writers who scammed with this trick, i really want to help fiverr.com community , any ideas how to get these guys banned so they don’t cheat anymore.

totally know. It’s why I don’t rely on copyscape much. I run through grammarly’s plag checker and I do it in sections and not the entire piece at once. Finds so much more.
However I just turned down a written piece they yelled at me for not being plagiarized when they checked copyscape and sent a screenshot. I sent mine back and they said “grammarly is just for grammar”. Right.

Hello Everyone,

I spent over $3k on Fiverr on the various articles, initially was so impressed quality of articles and speed of delivery. so I keep on ordering more and more articles, ironically one-day some writer copied an article from my other blog of ours.

I was surprised that article shows its 100% unique in Copyscape as well when you search in google, I couldn’t sleep one it and I finally figured 60% of articles I ordered from 10+ sellers are cheating.

This is how it works:

1. First, they copy content from the internet
  2. They feed that content to some software that manipulates the content in a way that the content won’t show copied in Copyscape
  3. Cheating method: For example, if they have to write this text “they are cheaters”

this is what that software does

letter “T” is chosen from Polish character set

letter “h” is chosen from French character set

letter “ eh” are chosen from English

in this way no Copyscape is able to find this thing and show the article is copied so most are happy of what they got.

So now i have 7 writers who scammed with this trick, i really want to help fiverr.com community , any ideas how to get these guys banned so they don’t cheat anymore.

Contact Customer Support with the proof, and report them.

totally know. It’s why I don’t rely on copyscape much. I run through grammarly’s plag checker and I do it in sections and not the entire piece at once. Finds so much more.

However I just turned down a written piece they yelled at me for not being plagiarized when they checked copyscape and sent a screenshot. I sent mine back and they said “grammarly is just for grammar”. Right.

I am a writer and I detest writers who are scam. Contact customer care with proof…

Is this what is referred to as Article Spinning??

I think so. Took forever to figure out the meaning of spinning. A past buyer had to translate the term for me because they wanted me to take an article I wrote for them and spin it to which I replied I have no idea what spinning is; really didn’t and am still struggling with figuring it out.

@topaz_muse There are software. that do that kind of stuff, simple copy paste, hit spin and you get the results. @growingsense The trick would be, when someone send you the final product in .doc or any other format. Copy it into a text document and try to save it normally with ANSI, if you get a pop saying to set Unicode, something must be wrong somewhere.

This is not spinning! Spinning re-words the article by inserting synonyms of different words into the piece. The result is a poorly spun piece that makes no sense. This is something much more wicked. In truth, I do have one such software as it was suggested to me as the easiest means to make money on Fiverr. The premise was, “you can make money from article writing even without knowing how to write.” Just as the OP described, it uses characters from different languages to “confuse” Google and other plagiarism tests. Just search google for a website that best addresses the topic and ranks fairly low, copy/paste into the software and you are good to go. The result is a “unique” block of text that is actually a carbon copy of what is on another blog. Any blog that Google finds with such a practice is going down for sure!

There are more writers than you can count that are very successful using such practice. OP, if you can prove it, please help honest ones by reporting these scammers.

On 7/3/2017 at 3:53 PM, uncarved said:

Thanks for tip! Tried grammerly no luck though .

On 7/3/2017 at 3:55 PM, writer99025 said:

Report them to customer support, put them out of business. You say you have ordered $3k worth articles on Fiverr, I’m just surprised you didn’t order one of my writing gigs. Anyway.

Thanks for heads up, i will your gig a shot and see if it works for me.

On 7/3/2017 at 3:57 PM, phantompower said:

Sure we can name this spinning, let’s say latest spinning software. when I learned this logic it’s super easy to code this no wonder this software is available.

On 7/3/2017 at 3:58 PM, rainny_writer said:

This is not spinning! Spinning re-words the article by inserting synonyms of different words into the piece. The result is a poorly spun piece that makes no sense. This is something much more wicked. In truth, I do have one such software as it was suggested to me as the easiest means to make money on Fiverr. The premise was, “you can make money from article writing even without knowing how to write.” Just as the OP described, it uses characters from different languages to “confuse” Google and other plagiarism tests. Just search google for a website that best addresses the topic and ranks fairly low, copy/paste into the software and you are good to go. The result is a “unique” block of text that is actually a carbon copy of what is on another blog. Any blog that Google finds with such a practice is going down for sure!

There are more writers than you can count that are very successful using such practice. OP, if you can prove it, please help honest ones by reporting these scammers.

Agreed, im doing a huge report and report them all .

$3,000 ordered and you didn’t go with one of the established gigs?

I have some of the most affordable content on here and, by all accounts, the highest quality. I have had to rewritten at least 4 x TRS and 1 x PRO seller in my time here, so I know I am good.

If you are going through content from unrated sellers, particularly with that amount of moiney spent, then you are bound to be burned.

Do all the writers here not realize that directing the OP to their gig amounts to self-promotion, which is highly prohibited? Really?

He’s merely trying to make a point to the OP about being thorough with their seller selection process. I.e. choose sellers with a proven track record.

Seriously? Self-promotion? It was a genuine curiosity because OP says he has tried out several article writers and spent thousands of dollars, so I wondered why he hadn’t found me. I was wondering if I had become invisible on search. You guys who accuse of self-promotion have no idea of who I am and what motivates me. LOL.

• 4 weeks later...

Being a writer, I apologize on the behalf of whole fiverr community.
here is what you can do, give them the negative reviews and explain the scam they are doing to the buyers.
contact Customer support with the proof.

wish you good luck.

• 6 months later...

I am glad I found this post as this just happened to me today. I am trying out different SEO writers. One of them was in unicode so I retyped the first 3 lines. It flagged on a plagiarism checker at 90%.
I found the original article which was basically the same with just a few details changed. Moving forward I suggest all buyers specifically request work not be in Unicode UTF-8

Archived