Scary movie thread

zeus777

I think I posted something similar last year around this month,
I think it was “What was a scary movie that traumatized you as a kid?” type of title.

Halloween is coming soon, so I’ll start a new one.
So…what movie scared you as a kid, or as an adult?

When I was a kid, Child’s Play scared me. The idea of a doll moving around with a knife
horrified me. Now that I am taller and heavier, all I need to do is stomp that damn doll on the head.
Still though, even as an adult, that doll still creeps me out.

I remember watching Stir of Echoes with my room mate back in college, that was pretty scary. I think my room mate was more scared than I was though, he followed me around in the apartment after the movie because he said “he didn’t want to be alone.”
(He was 23 years old at the time.)

Oh man, I have tons. I don’t know the title of the movie - but the oldest one I remember was a very old American horror movie about these little furry monsters combining themselves into a gigantic furry boulder that rolled on people and skinned them alive. There was a farmer of some sort that got “rolled” and ended up as a bloody skeleton - probably funny if I watch it now, but it was super scary for me as a child.

I was also afraid of one of the Indiana Jones movies where a guy turned into a skull on-screen (great animation for that era, now that I think about it). And uh… Poltergeist. Yeah. I probably would fear The Exorcist too, but I refuse to watch that until now, haha.

The Ring and Ju-On were really jump-scary, but not necessarily traumatizing except for some iconic scenes.

Oh man, I have tons. I don’t know the title of the movie - but the oldest one I remember was a very old American horror movie about these little furry monsters combining themselves into a gigantic furry boulder that rolled on people and skinned them alive. There was a farmer of some sort that got “rolled” and ended up as a bloody skeleton - probably funny if I watch it now, but it was super scary for me as a child.

I was also afraid of one of the Indiana Jones movies where a guy turned into a skull on-screen (great animation for that era, now that I think about it). And uh… Poltergeist. Yeah. I probably would fear The Exorcist too, but I refuse to watch that until now, haha.

The Ring and Ju-On were really jump-scary, but not necessarily traumatizing except for some iconic scenes.

about these little furry monsters combining themselves

OK, when I read that I first thought of the tribbles from the Star Trek series, but DANG!!!

So a fur ball skins people to death…that sounds horrifying, I need to watch that!! :rofl:

I remember The Exorcist being pretty frightening, although nowadays it’s not scary at all for me. Alien was also good.
Meanwhile stuff Paranormal Activity 2 was actually terribly made and I think I laughed at it.
Most horrors don’t actually creep me out, IDK. When I’m watching them I’m thinking more about the special effects/make-up they used than the actual thing. As in, “wow, nice scare”, etc.

I have an elder sister that was like a censor… Every time we watched TV together and suddenly a horror scene/film popped out, she sticked my head under a chair. Brutal but effective.
When I was a child, she didn’t let me see Indiana Jones, for example…
Anyway, I am still shivering because of The Ring.

A Spanish movie, called REC, is also good. I’ve seen it several times because I like the plot, it isn’t super scary and it isn’t stuffed with silly special effects.

I have an elder sister that was like a censor… Every time we watched TV together and suddenly a horror scene/film popped out, she sticked my head under a chair. Brutal but effective.

When I was a child, she didn’t let me see Indiana Jones, for example…

Anyway, I am still shivering because of The Ring.

A Spanish movie, called REC, is also good. I’ve seen it several times because I like the plot, it isn’t super scary and it isn’t stuffed with silly special effects.

A Spanish movie, called REC, is also good.

Yeah, REC1/2/Quarantine are very good horror movies. The american remake wasn’t that bad and the stupid sequel was actually kinda charming, I remember liking it (note: there’s not even a first person view in the sequel anymore).

A Spanish movie, called REC, is also good.

Yeah, REC1/2/Quarantine are very good horror movies. The american remake wasn’t that bad and the stupid sequel was actually kinda charming, I remember liking it (note: there’s not even a first person view in the sequel anymore).

After the remake of Oldboy, I have trust issues towards remakes.

I liked Rec 1 and 2 but never seen Quarantine

Exorcism of Emily Rose freaked me out. It is a true story of a girl who got possessed and there are even actual audio footages of the exorcism in YouTube

I saw the Poltergeist yeeeeeeaaaars ago as a kid, I think it did scare me enough.
Truth be told, I’ve never seen The Exorcist nor the Shining, even though I do know the overall plot and all the famous scenes/lines.
I guess I’m missing out…

Critters???..

Exorcism of Emily Rose freaked me out. It is a true story of a girl who got possessed and there are even actual audio footages of the exorcism in YouTube

Ooh, I’ll check it out one of these days! Thanks! I still have Ratched to finish… I made the mistake of watching it during dinner and almost fainted at the restaurant when the orbital lobotomy demonstration scene showed up. 😂

Child’s Play scarred me to no end. I effectively went off horror movies (and many soft toys with realistic eyes) for a looooong time. I got tricked into seeing Oculus and Conjuring a few years ago when they came out. I’m happy to report that I am still one hundred percent, very much scared of horror movies. 👻

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Hi again, while I appreciate your sharing it with me… I would be even more appreciative if you don’t share graphics pictures in a public forum… Thank you for your kind understanding.

A Nightmare on Elm Street, when I was too young to be watching it. Good grief!

Weirdly the main bit that stuck in my head was when the person climbing the stairs kept sinking into them.

Ah yes, another horror classic I have not seen, along with Friday the 13th.

BTW when I was in third grade, I lived on Elm AVENUE.

A friend of mine came over and saw the street name sign…and freaked out.

I ended up going to her place more often because she didn’t want to come over.

I can’t blame her…

Archived