School projects

Preparing academic work is, indeed, against the TOS. If you see a gig offering it, go ahead and flag it. Fiverr does try to stay on top of those, but they can fall through the cracks.

Gigs®

• Gigs and/or users may be removed by Fiverr from the Site for violations of these Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards, which may include (but are not limited to) the following violations and/or materials:
    • Offering to prepare academic works on behalf of Buyers

Preparing academic work is, indeed, against the TOS. If you see a gig offering it, go ahead and flag it. Fiverr does try to stay on top of those, but they can fall through the cracks.

Gigs®

• Gigs and/or users may be removed by Fiverr from the Site for violations of these Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards, which may include (but are not limited to) the following violations and/or materials:
    • Offering to prepare academic works on behalf of Buyers

Thanks for clarifying this, @imagination7413.

I haven’t yet got any orders or requests like that, but I have been wondering what is meant by “prepare”, just in case I do get an order of that type. I’m a proofreader, so theoretically, if someone asked me to proofread their academic work, I wouldn’t actually be writing anything for them. I’d only be fixing any small mistakes. Do you think this would be against the TOS?

I’ve had several people suggest that I should offer a Gig specifically for proofreading academic work, but I suspect it probably wouldn’t be the right thing to do.

I’d be interested to hear your opinion. Thanks! 🙂

Thanks for clarifying this, @imagination7413.

I haven’t yet got any orders or requests like that, but I have been wondering what is meant by “prepare”, just in case I do get an order of that type. I’m a proofreader, so theoretically, if someone asked me to proofread their academic work, I wouldn’t actually be writing anything for them. I’d only be fixing any small mistakes. Do you think this would be against the TOS?

I’ve had several people suggest that I should offer a Gig specifically for proofreading academic work, but I suspect it probably wouldn’t be the right thing to do.

I’d be interested to hear your opinion. Thanks! 🙂

It’s… a bit grey, fortunately. Some sellers claim they’ve been flagged for merely mentioning the word ‘essay’ in their gig, even though they were referring to the scientific journal type of essay. Others point out that there’re sellers who have offered these kinds of services for years.

While the latter is true, it’s more a case of ‘they just haven’t been caught yet’, which is why (if you see them) you should flag them. Fiverr didn’t always forbid this, and when this changed, not all were found. The Fiverr staff is only so big.

As for whether you should, the choice is yours. Personally, I wouldn’t want to risk it, but I think I’ve also heard of some who have gotten permission directly from Customer Service to mark errors, but not correct. (I don’t know how true this is, though.) I suspect these profiles are watched far more closely due to this, however, and (personally) I would not enjoy a shoulder-watcher.

Still, if it’s something you’re genuinely interested in, I would recommend asking CS for the details.

It’s… a bit grey, fortunately. Some sellers claim they’ve been flagged for merely mentioning the word ‘essay’ in their gig, even though they were referring to the scientific journal type of essay. Others point out that there’re sellers who have offered these kinds of services for years.

While the latter is true, it’s more a case of ‘they just haven’t been caught yet’, which is why (if you see them) you should flag them. Fiverr didn’t always forbid this, and when this changed, not all were found. The Fiverr staff is only so big.

As for whether you should, the choice is yours. Personally, I wouldn’t want to risk it, but I think I’ve also heard of some who have gotten permission directly from Customer Service to mark errors, but not correct. (I don’t know how true this is, though.) I suspect these profiles are watched far more closely due to this, however, and (personally) I would not enjoy a shoulder-watcher.

Still, if it’s something you’re genuinely interested in, I would recommend asking CS for the details.

Okay, thank you very much for the reply. I’ll make sure to flag any sellers who I notice providing essay-writing services (or anything along those lines that violates TOS).

I agree with your decision to stay away from it entirely - I don’t like the idea of everything I do being monitored exceedingly closely by Customer Service either, plus the whole idea of helping people with work that they will be assessed on seems a bit unethical. I wouldn’t want to risk my account for something like that!

Thanks again for the reply 😁

Archived