Search tags are broken

lineupads

I have been monitoring my gigs for quite some months now, and the search tags still aren’t doing anything for me.

For example, one of my gigs have the following words as tags: “instagram” “shoutout” “vape” “promotion” “branding”

When I search for “Instagram shoutout”, “vape Instagram” or pretty much anything like that, I can find my gigs in the results. However, if I search for “Instagram promotion”, none of my gigs ever show up, even though I have that word in the tags on all of my gigs for over a year now. I’ve tried removing and readding them, but it didn’t work.

Anyone else facing an issue like mine?

I have been monitoring my gigs for quite some months now, and the search tags still aren’t doing anything for me.

For example, one of my gigs have the following words as tags: “instagram” “shoutout” “vape” “promotion” “branding”

When I search for “Instagram shoutout”, “vape Instagram” or pretty much anything like that, I can find my gigs in the results. However, if I search for “Instagram promotion”, none of my gigs ever show up, even though I have that word in the tags on all of my gigs for over a year now. I’ve tried removing and readding them, but it didn’t work.

I’ve tried removing and readding them, but it didn’t work.

Are you saying you can’t remove and update your tags? The new ranking of tags is probably not as simplistic as most people think it is. I’m sure tags are the focal point of how to rank gigs but not the whole ball game. If it was, can you imagine. Everyone would just use the same tags.

It is more like a recipe and tags is one of the ingredients. Based on Fiverr’s customer service, it is probably safe to say that tags is the main ingredient but it surely isn’t the only ingredient. You have to throw other criteria in to the pot that may determine if a gig is ranked number 1 or number 100.

I know it may be frustrating because I think I have tried at least 20 different recipes. So far, it is keeping me in the ball game but the days when I was getting 10 to 20 new messages a day from new buyers just isn’t in the oven at the moment. You got to keep trying and hopefully you find the perfect recipe for your gig.

I’ve tried removing and readding them, but it didn’t work.

Are you saying you can’t remove and update your tags? The new ranking of tags is probably not as simplistic as most people think it is. I’m sure tags are the focal point of how to rank gigs but not the whole ball game. If it was, can you imagine. Everyone would just use the same tags.

It is more like a recipe and tags is one of the ingredients. Based on Fiverr’s customer service, it is probably safe to say that tags is the main ingredient but it surely isn’t the only ingredient. You have to throw other criteria in to the pot that may determine if a gig is ranked number 1 or number 100.

I know it may be frustrating because I think I have tried at least 20 different recipes. So far, it is keeping me in the ball game but the days when I was getting 10 to 20 new messages a day from new buyers just isn’t in the oven at the moment. You got to keep trying and hopefully you find the perfect recipe for your gig.

I meant I removed the tags and added them again a few times, while hoping the system will finally notice the changes.

The issue isn’t with the ranking under a specific keyword’s search results. It just doesn’t appear under the results for that keywords at all, I’m browsing through all of the results and it never comes up for this specific keyword.

There are a few keywords where my gigs appear in the results, even though I don’t even have those words setup as tags, they are only there in the description. I have “promotion” both in the description and setup as a tag, yet still no success.

if I search for “Instagram promotion”, none of my gigs ever show up, even though I have that word in the tags on all of my gigs for over a year now.

I looked at your best seller gig. Nowhere in the title or description or tags do you use the phrase “instagram promotion” so I’m not sure why you think it should be shown under that keyword phrase.

if I search for “Instagram promotion”, none of my gigs ever show up, even though I have that word in the tags on all of my gigs for over a year now.

I looked at your best seller gig. Nowhere in the title or description or tags do you use the phrase “instagram promotion” so I’m not sure why you think it should be shown under that keyword phrase.

I have the keywords “Instagram” and “promotion” both in the description and in the tags. You don’t have to use specific tags as long as I know, especially from my experience.

If I search for “Instagram shoutout” or “Vape Instagram”, my best seller gig comes up in the results, yet I don’t have “Instagram shoutout” nor “Vape Instagram” setup as tags. “Vape Instagram” is in the title as a phrase, so it makes sense, but “Instagram shoutout” is nowhere there as a phrase.

I just looked at one of my competitors’ gigs that I found by searching for “Instagram promotion”, she has the exact same keywords set and “Instagram promotion” is nowhere in the title, description or the tags, yet her gig still shows up when I search for that phrase.

I have the keywords “Instagram” and “promotion” both in the description and in the tags. You don’t have to use specific tags as long as I know, especially from my experience.

If I search for “Instagram shoutout” or “Vape Instagram”, my best seller gig comes up in the results, yet I don’t have “Instagram shoutout” nor “Vape Instagram” setup as tags. “Vape Instagram” is in the title as a phrase, so it makes sense, but “Instagram shoutout” is nowhere there as a phrase.

I just looked at one of my competitors’ gigs that I found by searching for “Instagram promotion”, she has the exact same keywords set and “Instagram promotion” is nowhere in the title, description or the tags, yet her gig still shows up when I search for that phrase.

Well I just told you what you need to do to have your gig show up under Instragram Promotion.

You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make him drink.

700030979_giphy(3).gif.e6724b1ca559984b82f0569c1c6f743e.gif

I don’t think you got my point. What’s the explanation for the quote above then?

I don’t think you got my point. What’s the explanation for the quote above then?

I can’t explain it any further. Just forget about what I said. I was just saying what you need to do. I can’t explain the other ones being there unless they changed things later in their gigs.

I can’t explain it any further. Just forget about what I said. I was just saying what you need to do. I can’t explain the other ones being there unless they changed things later in their gigs.

I’m going to give a try to your suggestion and see if that helps to get my gigs shown there.

I wasn’t trying to bash you nor your idea, it just doesn’t make any sense to me why my gigs don’t appear there when I have the exact same setup as some other sellers do. I just checked a few more gigs I found when searching for “Instagram promotion”, and majority of them don’t have the “Instagram promotion” phrase in them either, just the “Instagram” and “promotion” words separated in the tags.

I’m going to give a try to your suggestion and see if that helps to get my gigs shown there.

I wasn’t trying to bash you nor your idea, it just doesn’t make any sense to me why my gigs don’t appear there when I have the exact same setup as some other sellers do. I just checked a few more gigs I found when searching for “Instagram promotion”, and majority of them don’t have the “Instagram promotion” phrase in them either, just the “Instagram” and “promotion” words separated in the tags.

Some of the ones have Instagram Promotion in the titles.

Maybe they changed them. To fool people. Or changed the tags or description.

Let me know if my suggestion worked.

I have been monitoring both mine and their gigs for quite some months, I wouldn’t have just made up a topic saying “xy is broken” without making sure first. If they’ve changed their gigs recently, they would be missing from the search results now, and once they come back, they wouldn’t appear there anymore. I’m going to change the tags on some of my gigs to see if it has any effect and monitor closely how Fiverr reacts with the search results.

I have been monitoring both mine and their gigs for quite some months, I wouldn’t have just made up a topic saying “xy is broken” without making sure first. If they’ve changed their gigs recently, they would be missing from the search results now, and once they come back, they wouldn’t appear there anymore. I’m going to change the tags on some of my gigs to see if it has any effect and monitor closely how Fiverr reacts with the search results.

If they’ve changed their gigs recently, they would be missing from the search results now

Not necessarily. Gigs stay put sometimes even after people change things around.

I’m not sure why you don’t simply try putting that keyword phrase in the title and description. Surely you know about that working? Why are you resistant to that idea?

If they’ve changed their gigs recently, they would be missing from the search results now

Not necessarily. Gigs stay put sometimes even after people change things around.

I’m not sure why you don’t simply try putting that keyword phrase in the title and description. Surely you know about that working? Why are you resistant to that idea?

I just modified all of my gigs’ tags, I’m going to spend my following days with testing and monitoring. They did disappear from the results this time, waiting for the staff to review them. I didn’t put the phrase in the title because “shoutout” is the primary keyword I want to target, and I wasn’t able to think about a title that contains both of the keywords.

With the first test run, I just removed and added some new/different tags that are related to what am I trying to target. If it doesn’t help with achieving the results I wanted, I will try adding “Instagram promotion” as a tag and see if it’s enough - as it really should be. I’m not resistant at all, I’m just trying to figure out how does the system work. Of course, adding a search tag that is the exact same as the search keyword I want to appear on makes a lot of sense, but some people somehow achieved the same without having that exact phrase anywhere on their gigs, title, description, tags, packages, etc.

I just modified all of my gigs’ tags, I’m going to spend my following days with testing and monitoring. They did disappear from the results this time, waiting for the staff to review them. I didn’t put the phrase in the title because “shoutout” is the primary keyword I want to target, and I wasn’t able to think about a title that contains both of the keywords.

With the first test run, I just removed and added some new/different tags that are related to what am I trying to target. If it doesn’t help with achieving the results I wanted, I will try adding “Instagram promotion” as a tag and see if it’s enough - as it really should be. I’m not resistant at all, I’m just trying to figure out how does the system work. Of course, adding a search tag that is the exact same as the search keyword I want to appear on makes a lot of sense, but some people somehow achieved the same without having that exact phrase anywhere on their gigs, title, description, tags, packages, etc.

They disappeared from the results just because you changed the tags? wow

They disappeared from the results just because you changed the tags? wow

That’s how it’s always been for me. No matter what I change, title, pricing, tags, description, photos, anything, they already require an approval from the staff. I really hope it’s not just some issue with my account or something, that would make me kind of sad.

Just as an update…

Fiverr just reviewed and declined some of my gigs, due to “We noticed you linked to an external site within one or more of your Gig images. In general, we do not allow using external links on Fiverr. However, we do allow you to display links to your work samples in your Gig portfolio. Please see our approved URLs list.”

Are you freakin’ serious? Pretty much why I want to avoid editing my gigs at all cost. All I did was changing the tags on them, yet they decline them because the gig images have links on them. Well, no, they don’t. I use the exact same images for over a year now. Smh.

Just as an update…

Fiverr just reviewed and declined some of my gigs, due to “We noticed you linked to an external site within one or more of your Gig images. In general, we do not allow using external links on Fiverr. However, we do allow you to display links to your work samples in your Gig portfolio. Please see our approved URLs list.”

Are you freakin’ serious? Pretty much why I want to avoid editing my gigs at all cost. All I did was changing the tags on them, yet they decline them because the gig images have links on them. Well, no, they don’t. I use the exact same images for over a year now. Smh.

Have you told customer support? That’s horrible. You have 13 gigs, how many did they decline?

Have you told customer support? That’s horrible. You have 13 gigs, how many did they decline?

Yes, I have contacted them right away. I’ve already got used to it though. Every time I change something, a lot of issues happen. Most of the times they say I have put something in my gig’s description/images that are against the TOS and decline all of my gigs right away, even though I didn’t even change them at all, and they are the same as always that they reviewed and approved many times. I hope it explains why I’m afraid to make changes for testing purposes.

Luckily they only declined 3 of them this time. Unfortunately, I was just leading 2 customers through the ordering process for a gig that just got declined because of this nonsense, it’s kind of unpleasant that I have to tell them they need to wait a few hours/days. The rest of the gigs still aren’t back in the search results.

It happened so many times already, my ticket panel has two pages now (of course, not all of the tickets are related to this, but about 70% of them are). I’m sure CS loves me.

EDIT: That was quick. They apologized right away I sent the ticket and now they are accepted. Waiting for them to come back to the search results.

tickets.thumb.jpg.6442fc63f7603e09bfcf21d20c635eb5.jpg

Yes, I have contacted them right away. I’ve already got used to it though. Every time I change something, a lot of issues happen. Most of the times they say I have put something in my gig’s description/images that are against the TOS and decline all of my gigs right away, even though I didn’t even change them at all, and they are the same as always that they reviewed and approved many times. I hope it explains why I’m afraid to make changes for testing purposes.

Luckily they only declined 3 of them this time. Unfortunately, I was just leading 2 customers through the ordering process for a gig that just got declined because of this nonsense, it’s kind of unpleasant that I have to tell them they need to wait a few hours/days. The rest of the gigs still aren’t back in the search results.

It happened so many times already, my ticket panel has two pages now (of course, not all of the tickets are related to this, but about 70% of them are). I’m sure CS loves me.

EDIT: That was quick. They apologized right away I sent the ticket and now they are accepted. Waiting for them to come back to the search results.

I’m glad they are fixing it for you!

I’m glad they are fixing it for you!

One of the gigs is back in the results already, I didn’t add the exact “Instagram promotion” phrase, just to test it out if just changing them works, but looks like it did not, as it still doesn’t appear if I search for “Instagram promotion”.

But… Guess what? I have gone some digging and tweaking and looks like it worked. The gig jumped from the last page (7th) to the first page, first row, for the “Instagram shoutout” keyword, which is my main target. I’ll see how the others perform, and if it helped the ranking of all of the gigs, I’m going to open a dedicated thread on how to optimize the gigs for the current ranking algorithm. Cross your fingers!

vape.thumb.jpg.1281a0229d2dbce9ba0ed23787785893.jpg

One of the gigs is back in the results already, I didn’t add the exact “Instagram promotion” phrase, just to test it out if just changing them works, but looks like it did not, as it still doesn’t appear if I search for “Instagram promotion”.

But… Guess what? I have gone some digging and tweaking and looks like it worked. The gig jumped from the last page (7th) to the first page, first row, for the “Instagram shoutout” keyword, which is my main target. I’ll see how the others perform, and if it helped the ranking of all of the gigs, I’m going to open a dedicated thread on how to optimize the gigs for the current ranking algorithm. Cross your fingers!

I have gone some digging and tweaking and looks like it worked.

That’s fantastic! What exactly did you do to tweak it?

Archived