Fiverr Forum

Security Question Feature - FAQ. [RESOLVED]

1) Who is this feature for?
All buyers and sellers who are logged in will benefit from this feature.

2) How do I define a security question for my account?
Scroll over your username in the top menu, click on Settings -> Security Settings. There you will be able to set your security question.

3) After defining a security question for my account, what will it affect?
The security question will help protect your account when:

• Changing your password
  • Changing the PayPal email associated with your account (sellers only)

4) Can I change the security question defined in my account?
Yes. Just scroll over your username in the top menu, click on Settings -> Security Settings, click “edit”, and define a new security question. You will have to answer the old question in order to set a new one.

5) What if I forgot my security question?
In that case, please contact our Customer Support team for account verification. After verifying your account, they will reset the definitions for you.

6) Can I put in my own security question?
Currently, you can answer any of the predefined questions available in the set up.

7) I was blocked from changing my security question, what now?
This can happen if you answer the question incorrectly 5 times in a row. Please wait at least 24 hours before trying again, or contact our support team who will verify your account.

For more information, please refer to our blog.

Excellent feature for the site, thanks~

hello, a user sent me a message, but the page will not let me open the message that says “For privacy reasons, this user may not be contacted directly.” what I do?

Reply to @kjblynx: ok sorry

Thanks to add extra security system. It will help us to prevent our Id from hacker

Hello! I forgot my security question too. I send someone messages on Fiverr support ,but no result. They ask me some questions and that’s it … nobody help me! I send my passport and other information ,but - nothing. I can’t take the money in my account! What i do? If you have some information what i do ,please help me!

I am totally frustrated with the so called support which I am not obtaining from Fiverr

I have been a member of Fiverr since 10 April 2013 - I reside in Portugal and unfortunately my email provider suffered a virus attack and as a consequence my sapo email address was made redundant and I was forced to arrange a new email address which I did effective from the 23 March 2015

I am able to enter my Fiverr account see all my past transactions and payments etc - see my Fiverr name - Kidson and when I go to change my email address I get a message saying; "For the email change to take effect, please follow instructions in an email sent to the original address (

) Since the original address does not exist clearly it does not come through to me and presumably FIverr must receive a failure notice

When I advise support of the foregoing they then ask me to submit a scanned copy of my passport - never asked for or required when I first registered back in 2013 and I am just not prepared to entertain this request - then ask for my Paypal details which I again refuse and they also ask me for my Payee ID associated to your Fiverr Revenue Card - which I have never had

Following more exchanges with the support team I am told

For security purposes, we are not permitted to change any information on an account without a copy of a government issued ID.

All I want to do is change my email address which I have had to do with many many other sites following the change to my new email address and no problems with anyone else - only here on Fiverr

I have no wish to change any other of my personal details - Only my email address, as my old one no longer exists

I can see from my records I placed 19 0rders - 1 Cancelled - see attached screen shot

I can see the details of all the orders I placed - screen shot attached - how much was paid and when etc etc - but I am not permitted to change my email address - which means if I wish to place a new order or query the seller would have no way of communicating with me - its all so ridiculous

Can someone with a degree of sanity intervene here so I can continue to use my same account, which I have held since 2013, and with the only change I am seeking - an email change - as the old one no longer exists

Total frustration

Already aware with these all features tell me something new. I am new on fiverr and i ma struggling to get some order. Help me to get roll in.

The security feature is really cool. WHAT IF I FORGOT MY SECURITY ANSWER AND I HAVE NOT LINKED ANY PAYPAL OR PAYONEER CARD WITH MY ACCOUNT, HOW IS THE VERIFICATION GOING TO WORK?

@rbinstructors just click on the gig and on that page click on edit when you scroll down to the description of your gig you will see extras where you can describe what you would like to do at the end you click save for the changes to be made.