Seems like a Fiverr policy. Rejections with the still clock ticking to the deadline

Now, with V2, buyers can now reject the work faster as the “Reject Work” button is next to the Feedback button.

The bug: When a buyer rejects the work, the clock keeps ticking to the deadline and makes the work late, making the seller look bad to the buyer.

Dear Fiverr: Some sellers may not see the rejection right away and may not re-deliver until after the clock ticks to the deadline. Is there some way that the clock can stop for maybe 24 hours to give the seller a chance to make it right by the buyer? Otherwise, sellers will end up delivering late.

I always advise my buyers not to reject the work. I just ask them to tell me what needs fixing, but they don’t always respect that :frowning:

Reply to @kjblynx: Nobody goes there. LOL

Well then I sir, must also be a nobody!

Lol nah but surprisingly enough, that forum is very active. V2 is buggy as hell, I would be surprised if it wasn’t active. I guess effectiveness of “the fold” doesn’t apply to fiverr forums.

Reply to @apicturesworth: Ok, let’s move it over.

Reply to @kjblynx: Technically, this is not a bug. It is more than a rant, so I am moving it to the Rants. Are you happy now?

I wouldn’t call this a “bug” as such. Because the buyer requests a modification, Fiverr bump that order back into the queue, it’s position is calculated on the time remaining against your order orders, It’s so you don’t miss it. You should also receive an email notification telling you…

Reply to @ozzieuk: Sometimes we do not always see the emails. You are right, it is not a bug, but a bad policy decision.

My argument is that if I deliver the work before the deadline, I should not be penalized with a late delivery, ever. I should be credited with making the deadline.

If the buyer rejects the work, Fiverr needs to give the seller ample time to correct it and penalizing the seller with a late response is just wrong.

I agree with @hotwebideas on this. What happens if it is an express delivery order and there is an hour left and the person is not even next to the computer. Express delivery option gone.

Buyers are also becoming increasingly aware of how they can use this to their advantage and using it to get multiple revisions on work. One buyer said and I quote “Fiverr put it there and it is fiverr policy”…

I had another buyer who kept pressing it repeatedly like a button on a quiz show for no reason other than his own mistakes that he wanted rectified.

This modification button is also causing a lot of friction between some buyers and sellers where it says modification on one side and your delivery has been rejected on the sellers side.

markp said: This modification button is also causing a lot of friction between some buyers and sellers where it says modification on one side and your delivery has been rejected on the sellers side.

I think Fiverr fixed that where is now says "modification" on both sides, but I agree with you that buyers can take advantage of the system and Fiverr is not helping the sellers at all.