Seller and Buyer

dearartpkp

Hello everyone, how are you? I hope we are all fine 🙂

I see a buyer request and I offer my services. He contacted me and asked for an example using his photo. He said to be able to choose the right artist to get paid.

Then I told the buyer that I didn’t give an example with the photo I wanted to work on. I have set up a portfolio and you can see it here (LINK).

Then he says “I just want to find the right artist” if you don’t want to, just say don’t want and don’t ramble.
:roll_eyes:
I just say “Good luck to finding the artist you want”

ASK: What would you guys do if you meet a buyer like this?

I agree with the others in this thread. If a buyer likes your gallery of work, they will hire you. The only reason that buyer (that you noted in this topic) wanted to see an “example using his photo”, is that he wanted to cheat you and get you to give away your work for free.

Your work has value. Don’t be afraid to enforce the fact that people need to pay for it. 🙂

I’ve been in your boots couple of times and also I reacted the same way you did.
Like others, I also believe the only intention of that person was to rip off your work without wanting to pay. Work will come in your way and even if it doesn’t still I won’t let myself being cheated.
You did the right thing 🙂

Recently I got contacted by a buyer with his design description and asked me to show him my idea for the design. I told him politely that I don’t have any ready made idea for any design. I have to generate idea for a specific design which may take even a day or more. I requested him to visit my gig portfolio where he could find some of my work samples. (in fact, I’m not that kind of expert to design a logo in an hour.)😭

and yes, I got the order after three days.

You did the right thing. If he is a real buyer, he may come back. Best of luck.

I read all the replies above, and I see all agree with what I do 🙂

Actually, I have another problem with that person. Maybe he read this post and left me a message that says “If you become a buyer, you will definitely do the same to get a satisfactory result”
😮
I ignore the chatter 😛

Hope this is the first and last, and hopefully, in the future I get a serious buyer as before 😉

I read all the replies above, and I see all agree with what I do 🙂

Actually, I have another problem with that person. Maybe he read this post and left me a message that says “If you become a buyer, you will definitely do the same to get a satisfactory result”

😮

I ignore the chatter 😛

Hope this is the first and last, and hopefully, in the future I get a serious buyer as before 😉

Yes, ignore his chatter. He is trying to talk you into giving him what he wants, which is free work. If he contacted you again, it is because he likes your work and hopes to change your mind to give him a free sample.

Yes, ignore his chatter. He is trying to talk you into giving him what he wants, which is free work. If he contacted you again, it is because he likes your work and hopes to change your mind to give him a free sample.

Right. If he likes what I do. He will order and give an explanation of what he wants.

Archived