Seller as a beta reader in Creative Writing. Tips?

yengreads

I’m fairly new to this platform, and as a seller through the Creative Writing category, It’s been difficult to get my first order. To those who have been faring well in this category, how did you get your first order? Do you have any tips/experiences on how you got your first order?

Thanks so much!

1. You wrote that you’re a ‘silent’ critic; I thought that was an odd thing to say. To me, what I gathered from this is that you’ve never critiqued anyone else’s manuscript before.

2. You joined in November; depending on the category, it can sometimes take days, weeks, or months to get the first order. You should be advertising your gig on social media as much as possible, in the meantime.

3. Looking at the information provided on your profile, only; to me, your prices are very high, considering that you have no ratings and professional experience.

If I were you, I’d review my prices and add more samples. All the best!

1. You wrote that you’re a ‘silent’ critic; I thought that was an odd thing to say. To me, what I gathered from this is that you’ve never critiqued anyone else’s manuscript before.

2. You joined in November; depending on the category, it can sometimes take days, weeks, or months to get the first order. You should be advertising your gig on social media as much as possible, in the meantime.

3. Looking at the information provided on your profile, only; to me, your prices are very high, considering that you have no ratings and professional experience.

If I were you, I’d review my prices and add more samples. All the best!

Hi! Thank you so much for your tips, these are all very helpful :)) I’ll definitely keep this in mind and revise my gigs. Have a blessed day!

Welcome to the Fiverr forums.

You only have 22 minutes of read-time shown in your forum profile. Check out the Tips For Sellers category (with filters applied --> forum.fiverr.com/c/Fiverr-Tips/tips-for-sellers/l/top/all?order=views). You’ll find hundreds of threads offering advice on a variety of things to consider and/or improve. (Note: Not all advice can apply to all gigs or categories. Be sure you check multiple sources as there are some false tips, even among the top threads.)

It takes a lot of work to make it as a freelancer, so be sure to research and plan accordingly.

“If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.” (Attributed to Benjamin Franklin)

Three of your tags have the same search results.

[beta reader](fiverr.com/categories/writing-translation/beta-reader)
[betareading](fiverr.com/categories/writing-translation/beta-reader)
[beta read](fiverr.com/categories/writing-translation/beta-reader)
[novel reading](fiverr.com/search/gigs?query=novel-reading)
[novel](fiverr.com/gigs/novel)

Maybe replace two of them with [fiction beta reader] and [children’s beta reader]?

Welcome to the Fiverr forums.

You only have 22 minutes of read-time shown in your forum profile. Check out the Tips For Sellers category (with filters applied --> forum.fiverr.com/c/Fiverr-Tips/tips-for-sellers/l/top/all?order=views). You’ll find hundreds of threads offering advice on a variety of things to consider and/or improve. (Note: Not all advice can apply to all gigs or categories. Be sure you check multiple sources as there are some false tips, even among the top threads.)

It takes a lot of work to make it as a freelancer, so be sure to research and plan accordingly.

“If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.” (Attributed to Benjamin Franklin)

Three of your tags have the same search results.

[beta reader](fiverr.com/categories/writing-translation/beta-reader)

[betareading](fiverr.com/categories/writing-translation/beta-reader)

[beta read](fiverr.com/categories/writing-translation/beta-reader)

[novel reading](fiverr.com/search/gigs?query=novel-reading)

[novel](fiverr.com/gigs/novel)

Maybe replace two of them with [fiction beta reader] and [children’s beta reader]?

Aww. Thank you so much, it is absolutely thrilling to be here. So sorry for the limited time-read, it’s my first time using the Fiverr forum so I’m still trying to get the hang of things. 😊 omg. one of my fave quotes! Thank you for the reminder, that quote cannot be any truer.

Thank you so much for the tips! I was wondering if they had any difference or not, but now I know (thanks to you)! I’ll most definitely change it up!

Archived