Fiverr Forum

Seller asking for better rating for refund! Not ok!

Try not to give negative rating to your seller without asking revisions or refund! What???

I disagree with this statement. A seller must deliver at the very first time what he described to deliver. I had 9 gigs ordered and hardly the half was delivered as described and/or in time. No excuses! Therefore make your description as seller as accurate as possible, ask the right input you need to execute your gig and ask your buyer in case you need more information or if buyer not delivered the correct input. Remember, YOU as a seller offering a service which thousands others as well and ONLY by “DO IT RIGHT AT THE FIRST TIME” you can make a difference.

As “hot” sub-issue is also that often sellers asking for a better rating for a refund - not acceptable!

The statement “Please buyers, Ask revision or refund instead of (-) feedback.” I do not support at all!

While I agree with the post to a point, what you are asking for is a professional service. Many sellers do not offer a professional style service, even if their work is good. From buying a lot here, I find that you have to pay more for a professional service which makes sense. Perhaps this is why you are disappointed so often. If your budget is limited for whatever reason then you should expect to be more involved in the work rather than paying more and just leaving it to the professionals.

You are quoting this from a 4 year old thread on the forum for some reason, I think Fiverr would probably agree with you over that post.

Re the sub-issue, if you are unhappy with a seller’s conduct or you think he is being manipulative for some reason then you should report them to customer service.

The point I make is no matter what price you are asking the result must be delivered, a higher price also doesn’t guarantee you a better service / result. My experience here is rather negative because it’s not delivered what was promoted and that end naturally in a disappointment, however I see still opportunities. Thanks for you input.

Most sellers attempt to provide the right delivery, as it’s a major waste of time doing something over.

Note that many buyers want something for nothing (or very little) and while you’re right, paying more doesn’t guarantee you’ll get better service/delivery, most of the experienced sellers who can deliver excellence DO charge more.

Some buyers want cheap, fast, and high quality and that’s a rare combo. Usually you can get two of those, rarely all three at once.

I’d also suspect if about half of your orders couldn’t deliver, then you are probably going too cheap. Just a guess, I could be wrong, but those odds imply your selection process can be refined too.

Are you aware what you are saying here? A Fiverr offers a gig, no matter what the price is and as a buyer I expect it’s delivered what is described and in time. That’s ordinary business behavior. Buyers want something for nothing or little as you say? A buyer is taking a service somebody offered. That’s it. So you are actually saying it’s “OK” not deliver the result and on time when a gig is just $5? Disagree. Order your $5 drink next time at a place of your choice - wait 10 minutes for your drink and get it in a dirty glass. Will that be ok for you?

I think I realize what I’m saying. As a buyer you also have a hand in the selection process.

If you always buy the cheapest, no matter what it says, good luck finding everything being top quality.

Not all sellers realize what it takes to deliver excellence and they under price themselves. Then they don’t have the experience to deliver.

If I always go to bars that serve only $5 drinks, in some places I’ll find the liquor is watered down or they cut corners in other ways. Happens across almost all markets. No surprise there.

Some buyers think all cheap sellers are still going to deliver excellence. Some will, some won’t.

As a buyer in an open market, you have a responsibility to choose wisely. If you expect everybody to be able to deliver for the cheapest price, good luck.

Those buyers who don’t deliver on what they promise will get weeded out over time. If you shop at the cheapest places for food, sometimes you’ll get ingredients that are not the highest quality.

Life rarely delivers a free lunch, everybody in the marketplace shouts “I’m the best and cheapest” but in my experience, only a subset are right.

Like I said, your percentages seem to tell the story. You’re selection process needs to be refined, and/or you need to invest a little more and select more experienced sellers.

Good luck changing a world wide open market. Buyers have a responsibility too.

PS: I’m NOT advocating for bad sellers. I hope they get weeded out quickly.

I’d love for you to have a great experience on Fiverr, as longer term it helps me.

That said, over my 1,500 gigs I’ve had a few buyers demand things and expect things way beyond what my gig says. Occasionally they read it wrong, don’t read my FAQs, maybe expect me to sing when it’s a VO gig.

I’m for quality and value, but I really think too many sellers AND buyers think the $5 mark is enough for excellence. In a few cases, it works, but for most professionals, $5 is just a loss leader of a gig.

I hope you find some excellent sellers, they are out there. Either invest more time in the selection process, or invest a little more money for more experienced sellers, and you’ll win more often than not.

Nice strawman there.

That’s not what she’s saying.

Gig A : I will give you 10 yard long nylon rope for 5$.

Gig B : I will make a creative logo for 5$

Clearly both of them are not the same type. One is a gig whose result can be objectively evaluated through tangible metrics. Another is a creative task which is subject to the imagination of the one viewing it.

If you ask someone to make a logo for your bunny business and you find that the bunnies in the seller’s logo are not fluffy enough for your taste, where do you park the blame? how many kilograms/liters/ of fluffy was promised to you?

Products are measured in tangibles, but services are priced proportionate to the skills of the provider. At least they are self-aware and have the courtesy to price their gigs according to their skills (or lack, there of). It is for the buyer to use their wisdom to pick the right one.

multisync, every Buyer is entitled to value for whatever you are paying for. And every Seller must deliver exactly as agreed with Buyer. But how the Buyer chooses the Seller is key. Did you go for low price bid rather than excellent +ve ratings? Were you looking at the avatar? Maybe fine looking smiling lady with ‘US’ as country of origin? Did you look out for Seller with “Unlimited revisions”, “Money-back guarantee”, etc? On your part, did you describe in clear details what you wanted from the beginning or were specs changing along the line and Seller was probably misunderstanding some of those changes? I’m not implying all these things happened with you. But for half of your orders to be so poorly delivered tells much on your criteria for choice of Seller. There are great Sellers and there are mediocres; how you go about it determines which of them you’ll likely come across. There may be great drink for $5 but surely, no great creative gig for that sum. Buyers do sometime ask for the earth but unwilling to pay for it. Quality gigs come with a price.

Our discussion here is actually a good example in how people see the topic differently. My negative experience tells a story, true - of bad services delivered. Not of my bad choices. I look always at the seller rating but strangely they always have 5 star rating and I can just imagine why. BECAUSE also Fiverr itself promotes to leave a rating just after a gig is delivered which not necessary means executed. Some gigs especially on web services takes time sometimes it’s up to 30 days or more. Only then (after 30 days) you truly can evaluate the delivered service against the promoted description. But I have the impression many users do their evaluation right after the gig is delivered (but not executed). And you can find enough proof for that. E.g. gig says "you will see a web result in 20–30 days but the buyer just left a feedback right after delivery of the unfinished (executed) gig.

Even you are saying you not advocating sellers but your arguing is rather suggesting exactly that. If you accept a “watered drink” than it’s your thing.

My (buyers) responsibility?
So tell me what I do wrong in demanding a obviously 5 star seller should deliver as described and in time?

The key issue is the SELLER is in obligation! By the way under legal aspect you have a contract by accepting my order and to fulfill these order - no matter if the costs are $5, 25$ or $125.

I demand from a 5 star seller that he’s delivering at the first time - no excuses. And again a higher price is no guarantee for a better service. What if all Fiverr gigs would all start at $25 as minimum? What excuse do you have then if not delivered as described?

No stress from me. Demand what you want.

No, higher prices do not guarantee a better product. But cheap prices don’t guarantee excellence either, no matter what they promise. Often in life, cheap isn’t the best quality.

You could be demanding more than is reasonable -OR- you are totally right to expect excellence at the investment you are making. I have no idea.

I’ve lived long enough to see over time, in most markets you get what you pay for.

If it’s not working for you, then maybe you need to select better. If you don’t think so, no problem.

I doubt “demanding” in the forum will make any difference overall, but best of luck to you. If your strategy is working, keep doing it. If it’s not at some point you might consider an adjustment.

Again: No stress from me no matter how you handle it.

Best!

Lisa

Wow, I wish I said it that well.

Excellent summary.

You are hypothetical now ! I could demand more what is reasonable etc… Stay on the facts. I only demand what is described in the gig. In your arguing it’s a buyers fault to select the “wrong” seller, which is partly true but theoretically I can’t do something wrong if choosing a 5 stars seller - theoretically!. The reality proofs different.

It’s very easy. Seller offers a product as described and I want that product as described, not more - not less! Simple principle of doing business.

Warning Signs of a Potentially Troublesome Buyer

Warning! Signs of potentially biased seller!

I agree with this somewhat, it doesn’t seem to make much sense to evaluate a gig like that right away, though for one this would be the buyer’s responsibility to not review a gig before knowing it really was done properly, and for another, fiverr would have to lengthen the time window for leaving reviews even more for such cases, which again wouldn’t be good for the many gigs that can easily be evaluated within the given time frame, I guess the time windows, like most other things, are compromises between buyers’ and sellers’ side they came up with.

And then you have to take into account that some reviews might be from return buyers. So while my gigs, translations, are anyway something you usually should be able to check within the given timeframe, I think it does sometimes happen that a return customer of mine leaves a review right away, I suppose because they know from experience that they are happy with my work and don’t want to log in again for a rating later so they just accept and right away rate the delivery all in one, and the rating includes things like communication too.

But again, that’s not because of my, the seller’s, doings, but by choice of the buyer, I don’t even ask for a rating at all since quite a while, so there’s certainly no pressure from me.

If buyers let sellers push them to rate before they even checked, in cases we’ve seen complaints about apparently even rated a gig the seller didn’t yet deliver fully, then that’s the fault of the buyer as well. Why let oneself be pushed.

That said, generally sellers of course shouldn’t try to tell their customers how to rate them. If a seller tried to do that with me it would definitely be the last time I purchased their service, and depending on how they tried to do it, might report it to Customer Service.

And you can find several mentions on fiverr’s pages that offering refunds for better rating and such aren’t okay. I’d recommend everyone, sellers and buyers to regularly read up on TOS and policies, there sometimes are updates and many don’t seem to ever read them at all from what one gets to read here on the forum.

You really should be having a damn lot of money then…
You have 3 choices in these cases -

1. Ask the seller for revisions and get the work done.
  2. Ask the seller for a refund if he/she is not up to the mark and buy from another seller who will.
  3. Lose your money and become late for getting your work to satisfy your displeasure.

So, by saying no to the sentence in your OP, are you saying that you prefer the 3rd choice? (I would definitely not)

Your both these things do not fit together quite well. The seller cannot refund you for changing your rating. As far as I am concerned, this action would be against the Fiverr ToS and your can report the seller to CS if you like.

Same explanation as the first part of my post. :slight_smile:

I had at least two cases where the seller delivered not as described so I told him I will leave a justified evaluation then. He then starts complaining this would affect his work and income and he will refund me by cancel the gig to avoid a “bad” rating. That’s ridiculous! Of course he can’t refund AFTER a evaluation is made and someone can’t re-write a evaluation once its done already.

If a seller can’t deliver what is described then he gets the relevant rating, period. You can’t tell your Professor at the university during at test “Oh, i am sorry I wasn’t prepared, can I have a better rating when I do a rework?”

Again some sellers are too sloppy with their understanding of service.

Of course he can’t. That’s why the title makes no sense.