Seller blocked me

Guest rebeccachildren

Guest rebeccachildren

I sell scripts and other forms of writing on here, but I also buy through the same account. I contacted another seller to order a video editing gig (which I don’t offer myself, so there’s little chance that they thought I was a reseller), and they blocked me. I’m very confused. What can I do to avoid this in the future?

Guest rebeccachildren

I don’t see any fault in what you did. Nothing out of the ordinary imo… But it also depends on the interaction you had with the seller I suppose :thinking:

This was the message. The cut off part is just my first name.

597679315_ScreenShot2018-07-20at6_22_05PM.png.dcb692ea6340a329faa8c5dadcad77ab.png

This was the message. The cut off part is just my first name.

My best guess is that the seller thought you were trying to sell something. It was probably just a misunderstanding. I would suggest wording it even more clearly when you approach another seller, make sure that you mention that you are a seller but this time you are interesting in buying a service. Don’t use the phrase “I can provide logos,” especially if the seller is not a native English speaker. If I skim your post fast or when I was very tired I might think you were trying to sell me logos, and I am a native speaker.

I’m sorry you were blocked, but I really bet it was an accident.

Guest rebeccachildren

My best guess is that the seller thought you were trying to sell something. It was probably just a misunderstanding. I would suggest wording it even more clearly when you approach another seller, make sure that you mention that you are a seller but this time you are interesting in buying a service. Don’t use the phrase “I can provide logos,” especially if the seller is not a native English speaker. If I skim your post fast or when I was very tired I might think you were trying to sell me logos, and I am a native speaker.

Yeah, that makes sense. They’re not a native English speaker and Fiverr’s system probably also assumed I was some spammer then basically recommended they block me. Thanks.

Blocking your account won’t hamper your buying or selling. Look for another professional and let him/her know your requirements.

I might think you were trying to sell me logos,

I agree with @fonthaunt . There is a chance of misunderstanding.

Archived