Fiverr Community Forum

Seller cancelled the order after I found out they sent stock image

Please help! I’m new here. I placed my first order a few days ago: I wanted a handdrawn logo. I sent the seller an example and instructions. I chose a premium package for around 50 dollars with

3 Initial Concepts Included
Logo Transparency
3D Mockup
High Resolution
Source File
Social Media Kit
Vector File
Stationery Designs

But all I got were 2 logos of really poor quality, a spelling mistake and not the font I asked for.

They made some changes and promised I would receive all the other files after I finalised the order.

I just did a Google reverse image search. I found out they just used an image from Shutterstock!

I confronted the seller with this and all they said was this: we are not understanding with all this so we are sorry

And they cancelled the order. Now what? Do I get my money back? Is there any way to report this?

Please help!

Sorry that your first experience as a buyer on Fiverr has been a negative one. There are many good sellers on here, it would appear you’ve encountered one of the dishonest ones.

If they’ve initiated a cancellation and you’ve accepted, you’ll get your money back in the form of Fiverr credit. You can then use that credit to give the work to a different, and hopefully better Freelancer on Fiverr.

I really can’t stress enough how important it is to really research your seller before ordering from them. Dig into their review history, check to see if they have a portfolio anywhere else online, message them and get a feel for whether this is a legitimately skilled designer, or someone out to make a quick buck.

(oh and please report this person to Customer Service, as it’s sellers like this who give this platform a bad name)

Best of luck with your project.

3 Likes

Thank you for your reply! So it is best to accept the cancellation?

I thought I had a good seller here. Seems like all their feedback is totally fake! :frowning:

I will definitely report this.

1 Like

You should most definitely accept the cancellation. Your seller knows they’ve been rumbled, and they are trying to dodge responsibility.

You will definitely get your money back as credit to try again.

That is because they cancel every order where they encounter problems and only complete the orders where the buyer is happy with their work.

Also you will get all of your money back in credit except for the Fiverr Service fee of $2.

1 Like

Logos are always a hit and miss, unless you go for the hand-vetted pro gigs - but that’s just my personal opinion. As a graphic designer I can confirm that I have spotted a lot of copied or templated work here.

I understand if the seller uses a template or an illustration for a banner, flyer - but for a logo it isn’t acceptable. My advice, would be to use the funds that Fiverr gave you back and go for a pro seller. :slight_smile:

3 Likes