Seller cancels gig after being very late [ARCHIVED]

lakegarda

I Had a seller who was 5 days late and ignored all my messages and then asked to cancel the gig. When I refused to cancel the gig was left in limbo until I accepted the cancellation. My question to fiverr is, if a seller wastes my time and ignores my messages why can’t I leave negative feedback? The person was obviously unprofessional and wasted my time. I don’t think sellers should be protected against negative feedback when the deserve it. I have made over 200 purchases on fiverr and have never left one negative feedback. The day I feel that I really should do so to protect other buyers I’m not allowed. Not happy!!!

Now hold on a second. I just had this happen to me today. My seller was due to deliver my gig today, but instead I got a note from him explaining that he overextended himself while he was on vacation and oh by the way, could we please mutually cancel this order. I shouldn’t have “lost my chance” to cancel since I was expecting his contact to me today to BE THE DELIVERY OF MY GIG.

So, after turning everything in to him on time, waiting for the period of time HE told me it would take, now I am left not being able to give him a poor review nor let anyone know they need to watch out for this guy? Ridiculous policy.

And honestly, kjblynx? I’ve been poring over these boards simply to find out what happens if I click ‘decline’ instead of ‘accept’ for the “mutual” cancellation. I’ve found more than one flippant, impolite, “too-bad-how-sad” answers from you. I didn’t know this is how disposable and unimportant fiverr staff see us customers.

You’ve entirely turned me off of using this site. I hope your manager knows about the kinds of responses you’ve been giving customers. Think about it: we are only on these forums after having been mislead by sellers and found ourselves trapped in a system with no recourse, no way to warn others and no way to get our money back. We just want help!

I wish I read your customer responses before I bought any gig on fiverr. I never would have given your company my money.

• 7 months later...

What happens if your BUYER cancels your order, because you’re late on delivering. I asked the buyer if it was okay if it was a day or 2 late because I was making it really long and good and he said “Yeah, sounds good - go for it”. Now he wants to cancel – what if I click ‘decline’?? What will happen!!!

amybrennick said: I've been poring over these boards simply to find out what happens if I click 'decline' instead of 'accept' for the "mutual" cancellation

When a mutual cancellation is declined by the buyer the order stays active.

amybrennick said: You've entirely turned me off of using this site. I hope your manager knows about the kinds of responses you've been giving customers. Think about it: we are only on these forums after having been mislead by sellers and found ourselves trapped in a system with no recourse, no way to warn others and no way to get our money back. We just want help!

kjblynx (and the rest of us) are users just like you, not Fiverr staff or employees. Sometimes we're crawling in the dark looking for answers too. Think about it.

• 6 months later...

Yes, Fiverr needs to do a better job holding sellers accountable… especially when they wait until the 9th hour to tell you they are not able to complete the gig. Not only should I receive my money back as a buyer, but they should be hit with an incomplete fee. This is not funny because as a buyer many of us have biz to run and are on time constraints, so like the person stated above, I do my part. Just giving me money back does not makeup for the time I lost (sometimes upto 30 days) when I could have used someone else. Not cool at all!!

• 1 month later...

Fiverr.com makes it easy for sellers to abuse and scam buyers this way because they want to be able claim a large inventory of great workers. That’s the only possible explanation for helping scam artist sellers to game their system the way they do.

I’ve had some wonderful experiences with fiverr workers. I’ve also been outright scammed three times in a row now and the last one pulled this same scam described above: delay, delay, delay, tried to pass off an obviously unedited manuscript as proofread and then when I called her on it, after numerous lines of total BS, did a seller cancel. Amazingly this person is "top rated"

When fiver.com doesn’t allow buyers to publicly rate sellers that behave this way, it leaves the door open for scam artists. “Proofreading” seems to abound with people like this because they are probably banking on the fact that busy, overworked small business owners count on them to do the work and don’t check it closely. I did check and it was total and utter crap. I repeat: Fiver represents this person as top rated and my terrible experience with her will never be available to other buyers because she did a seller cancel.

This experience has completely soured me on the company. My warning to colleagues: Steer clear of fiver unless you’re prepared to weed your way through scam artists who the company’s system protects. Shabby company. Shabby business practices.

Oh and I forgot this…in order to keep the clock running when she was going to be later on delivery, she arbitrarily hit the "delivered " button and delivered NOTHING.

After having waited SEVEN DAYS for this “top rated” seller to deliver I was somewhat desperate to believe that she was actually going to deliver as promised just a few hours later. When she did, she just sent me the same file I sent her back to me UNTOUCHED and declared her work done.

And this is a TOP RATED fiver.com proofreader.

I am having the same problem at the moment. I was promised a finished job yesterday and my seller has gone silent. She sent me one image out of 26 that I ordered. I have paid a significant amount of money, $10 each image. How do I get my money back?

Reply to @clairef: Like some posters said, you can either just request a cancellation and receive your money back, but you won’t be able to leave a negative review. If you really wish to do so, you can wait until the order is super late, in which case Fiverr allows you to cancel with negative feedback. Some sellers might just try and request mutual cancellation to avoid the feedback, but you can also decline the cancellation.

You can’t leave negative feedback because you got your money back. So the wrong was made right. I’m sorry he wasted your time, but that happens. Next time hire someone that works faster or pay for 24-hour delivery.

Fiverr would be horrible if unhappy buyers were able to badmouth us sellers after getting their money back. This isn’t Yelp.

P.S. Not everyone on Fiverr is professional, we have people from all walks of life here. You never know who’s behind that computer screen.

Archived