Seller didn’t deliver, I got charged two service fees

bridge17

I thought an astrological reading would be fun. Now I feel like it was a phishing scam, because I got a request for more info and no reading.

That’s bad enough, but Fiverr kept that service fee, and charged another for me to use my “refund” because a seller didn’t deliver. Shouldn’t the seller/scammer who didn’t produce be charged the service fee?

Guest merciavideo

I thought an astrological reading would be fun. Now I feel like it was a phishing scam, because I got a request for more info and no reading.

That’s bad enough, but Fiverr kept that service fee, and charged another for me to use my “refund” because a seller didn’t deliver. Shouldn’t the seller/scammer who didn’t produce be charged the service fee?

Shouldn’t the seller/scammer who didn’t produce be charged the service fee?

A better question might be, why do Fiverr charge a non-refundable service fee in the first place? Yep - it’s in the terms of service I’m afraid, and that’s pretty much the way it is, whether it’s fair or not is another question.

I hope you manage to find another seller. 🙂

Shouldn’t the seller/scammer who didn’t produce be charged the service fee?

A better question might be, why do Fiverr charge a non-refundable service fee in the first place? Yep - it’s in the terms of service I’m afraid, and that’s pretty much the way it is, whether it’s fair or not is another question.

I hope you manage to find another seller. 🙂

I understand being charged it (although it is strange), but for a seller to ignore it, giving me a credit, minus the service fee, seems like bad business. She should pay it for not delivering.?And then I am charged it again using my refund with someone else. I think this will be my last time, because a person can rack up a lot in service fees for services they never get.

Guest merciavideo

I understand being charged it (although it is strange), but for a seller to ignore it, giving me a credit, minus the service fee, seems like bad business. She should pay it for not delivering.?And then I am charged it again using my refund with someone else. I think this will be my last time, because a person can rack up a lot in service fees for services they never get.

I understand being charged it (although it is strange), but for a seller to ignore it, giving me a credit, minus the service fee, seems like bad business. She should pay it for not delivering.?

But it’s Fiverr who charges you the service fee, not the seller. The seller never received the service fee in the first place, Fiverr did, so the seller isn’t in a position to refund it 🙂

I understand being charged it (although it is strange), but for a seller to ignore it, giving me a credit, minus the service fee, seems like bad business. She should pay it for not delivering.?

But it’s Fiverr who charges you the service fee, not the seller. The seller never received the service fee in the first place, Fiverr did, so the seller isn’t in a position to refund it 🙂

I totally get that, but at the same time the seller advertised services, didn’t follow through, and she should suck up the cost.

Guest merciavideo

I totally get that, but at the same time the seller advertised services, didn’t follow through, and she should suck up the cost.

the seller advertised services, didn’t follow through, and she should suck up the cost.

Here’s the contact page for CS - you could suggest it to them: 🙂

In many cases, someone specializing in the likes of Vedic Astrology would need to know things like your place and date of birth. Did this seller not deliver because you did not provide the information they requested?

In either case, you are correct that Fiverr should not keep transaction fees for canceled orders. Sadly, there are a lot of people who buy from Fiverr with the intention of canceling orders. They get their requested work and run. In my opinion, non-refundable fees are an attempt to combat this problem.

Also, in every case where I (as a seller) have to cancel an order, cancellations could have been completely avoided if buyers contacted me first to clarify their needs. In this case, perhaps consider messaging buyers in advance of ordering in future.

Archived