Seller is using my gigs images and part of my descriptions too: what can I do?

mark74

Sometimes I like to go Fiverr home page to check for new sellers and gigs offered: honestly, it’s cool to see some very good gig raising and some talented seller becoming a star!!

So a couple of weeks ago (september 27th) I saw in front page a new developer with gig’s image exactly as one of my gig: note that I personally elaborated (most of) my images so I’m sure you can’t simply find them over internet; well, I went to developer Fiverr page and discovered that not only he is using 3 or 4 of my images (copied… or should I say stolen?) but he also copied large parts of my descriptions !!!

Two minutes later I was writing everything to Customer Support, providing links to every gig (compared with my gig); Kevin answered “Thanks for reporting, we will look into this right away.”.

With my big surprise no action has been taken from the seller (still having my images and part of my descriptions) and no answer has been provided from CS. Five minutes ago I got the automatic email asking to rate support: naturally I gave them my first bad review!!

What can I do in your opinion?

EDIT: just to be clear: I don’t mind for the fact itself, I mean, I’m noone, a very normal seller, so a copycat of my gigs doesn’t waste my Fiverr job nor my life! It’s a matter of rules: I’d like Fiverr answering if copycat is legal or not inside its site!! Depending on the answer we know what we are allowed to do and what we’re not allowed to do… easy…

UPDATE: copycapt gigs disappeared both from seller page and from search (urls are not responding anymore).

So I think that copying images and/or descriptions from other sellers is not allowed on Fiverr… glad to know !!! 😃

is it not okey for others to copy sellers description?

I mean, its not a very nice thing to do… but does it go against fiverr policies at all?

i see people copying my description all the time… im not joking wen i say about 5 ppl have copied me during a period of about 3 months, i dnt know if i find it annoying or flattering.

but please let me know if it is indeed against fiverrs policies so that i know how to handle this aswell.

good luck to u!

Reply to @seducea: In the past I saw an interesting (for me) disclaimer on another seller gig; I could have copied that part, but I thought it’s not fair, so I wrote that seller asking the right to realaborate that disclaimer and use it on my gig. She thanked me for being polite and gave me the right to use that. I still haven’t wrote that part on my gigs, but now I know I can…

This is the correct way I think this should work…

Man…there’s sooooo many copycats on fiverr. I was searching for something the other day and there were literally numerous copycat gigs of quite a few sellers. It sucks. I wonder what Fiverr did with their $20 investment money, because there’s still a ton of stuff that needs to be resolved.

I’ve had this happen to me as well. Folks copying the style of the video and the wording of my gig, it is frustrating but imitation is the sincerest form of flattery no? It all comes down to quality, if you are well reviewed and have a loyal customer base then copy cats don’t matter, they are jut alley cats 🙂

Regards,

Soulsix

Archived