Seller keeps marking gigs COMPLETE before she starts

The first time the Seller did this, I explained why this was against the fiverr Terms of Service.

This makes their gigs show up as being completed immediately after they receive the gig notification.

It may take days for the gig to complete – but the Seller’s tactics show her as finishing the gig faster than anyone can imagine.

Just tried a second gig with the same Seller.

It was marked COMPLETE within 5 minutes of me purchasing it.

I explained again to the seller that this is wrong, and her response is:

"This is how it works with my gig. I send the order first and let clients know i am already working on it and they will have 2 hours to wait for the finished report."

The fact that there are often revisions which may take days does not enter the Seller’s mind.

She is expecting an unfair advantage over other Sellers with similar gigs.

After reading the response, I decided to cancel the order.

Is anyone else using this tactic, I wonder?

They are now

Reply to @kiffinyjean: =))

That is good to know @bach85 because I have had an order once from someone who asked me to translate a document that was only available in a link to a Google doc. Of course my translation was done online. Subsequently I did not have a document to show for it. When I delivered I got a message that I had to send some proof of the delivery and all I could send was the link of course. But to Fiverr it still seemed empty. Maybe I should have written a receipt?

Reply to @belgianwriter: If you have a gig where you cannot deliver a tangible uploaded product, then it is fine to have an “empty” delivery. Since there is no file to upload, just write them a thank you note and deliver. That message is also to make sure you did not forget to upload a file. Just click “OK” and the delivery will go through.

Reply to @belgianwriter: As @cheezees has said, you’re fine. The difference between you and the seller in the original post is that you have done your work. The other seller has not. The delivery tab is something you should use after you have completed what you have promised your buyer.

Reply to @handylance: If a seller actually has a gig set at max (29 days) but it will take longer than that, they risk a buyer deciding it’s easy money to let it run late and then cancel with refund and 1 star negative auto-feedback. That’s the seller’s risk so if they accept that, I suppose that’s their prerogative on the seller site.

For the buyer, if they wait 60-90 days I don’t think they can still change their feedback and eventually they can’t get a refund through Fiverr either. I only do gigs longer than 29 days if I can do it in parts, 29 days at a time. I think if a gig can’t be done within Fiverr time limits it might be best not to do that gig on Fiverr. Traffic gigs are really tricky in general for both seller and buyer.

What about sellers who deliver traffic gigs when they start them. Should they wait the 30 - 90 days until the traffic has been delivered to deliver the gig?

fonthaunt said: For the buyer, if they wait 60-90 days I don't think they can still change their feedback and eventually they can't get a refund through Fiverr either. I only do gigs longer than 29 days if I can do it in parts, 29 days at a time. I think if a gig can't be done within Fiverr time limits it might be best not to do that gig on Fiverr. Traffic gigs are really tricky in general for both seller and buyer.
I think it's a risk all involved are willing to take. Traffic gigs are huge sellers here and I think any discrepancies in 'order fulfillment' are par for the course. Especially with the shady gigs. I doubt a buyer honestly expects a billion followers for $5 to stick around or even be real. They're paying for the fake boost and they generally get it.

Considering how many of those types of gigs sell, the forum doesn't have that many complaints from either side.