Fiverr Community Forum

Seller Level and Buying Profile

Hello,

Does promotion come with a penalty?

I got promoted recently and at the same time bought a gig for a job for I needed to fix.

Ever since the promotion and my purchase, I havent been contacted by any buyers.

Before all these, I got at least 5 messages from buyers who search for a service in a day.

Its been 3 days and No message. Let alone, orders.

WHo has experienced this? or am I just paranoid

1 Like

There is no correlation between your promotion to level 1 and the drop in the number of inquiries from prospective buyers. It’s just a coincidence.

If you were promoted to level 1 within only, say, 2 or 3 months after account creation (a short duration), this perceived decline could also be due to the fact that you lost Fiverr’s “new seller boost” that gives new sellers’ gigs extra exposure in Fiverr’s search.

Many sellers go through this stage. It is only temporary. You just have to work a little harder right now (to pick the momentum back up), and (hopefully) you will soon be receiving 5 or more messages a day.

People keep saying “work harder”. How exactly do I work hard ? I still dont understand that.

Also, what can I do now to regain exposure?

1 Like

Work harder: Try to win yourself a few BRs (which can be pretty difficult at times, tbh). Try to get a few to get the ball rolling. Once you deliver a few orders (with excellent feedback/reviews), your gigs’ ranking will improve. That’s what I do whenever I face a slump.

Some people might also temporarily slash their prices until sales pick up (which would mean that you’d have to put in more work/work harder for the same amount of money). You could also do some targeted marketing (if that works for you).

These are some of the ways how I “work harder” when I face a drop in sales. Everyone has their own approach/strategy (which may nor may not involve “working harder”) to get past the slump. That’s the reason why I don’t like to specify the exact steps that someone needs to take. It is up to you to decide how you are going to “work harder.” :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much for asking that! :slightly_smiling_face:

Added - it’s probably my age - when anybody says ‘work harder’ I get the lyrics to this in my head.

2 Likes

Ok. Thanks. I will try this.

2 Likes