Fiverr Forum

Seller Marked Project Delivered and Asked for More Time

I am working with a seller that committed to a 3 day turn-around. On the third day the project was marked delivered and in the notes s/he requested more time. It is now day 7. I think there is a time limit to accept the delivery and possibly a chance to rate. Do I just rate poor and take the loss or keep holding out with the chance I may not get anything and the ability to rate?

1 Like

The seller broke the rules by doing that and the only reason they did it was to ensure you could not automatically cancel when they were late. You should contact customer support and request it to be cancelled.

10/10 for self-promotion! :wink:

3 Likes

It’s not allowed on the forum, with some notable exceptions–but you are not a notable exception.

All right, the post is removed.

1 Like

It’s great you offered to help, and we all need it sometimes, but we just don’t promote our services on the forum.

I’m sure you understand - it’s the same for all of us. :grinning:

1 Like

No worries, I completely understand. I wasn’t aware there was such a rule so this was completely my bad. Thanks for telling mate.

1 Like

It’s possible the seller got overwhelmed with other work. I tend not to leave poor reviews unless the seller was really unprofessional. You always have the option to cancel the order and move on to another seller. This allows the first seller to keep the reviews up and you to get your product from another seller.

Taking on too much work and getting overwhelmed is not and excuse to not deliver on your commitments. Plus the seller broke the rules and stated it was delivered when it was not, essentially gaming the system. My experience so far on Fiverr is that the seller has more protections than the buyer. I selected this buyer because of high ratings. Am I not doing the next buyer a disservice by not being honest?

1 Like

You make a good point ~ and people should honor their commitments. But people also fall on hard times. I’d ask for a firm deadline and if you don’t get one - cancel the order.

1 Like

The delivery date is the firm deadline. Ask for a refund or if that doesn’t work contact customer support. This is not ok.

1 Like

My case is a bit different. I just hope the seller who hasn´t delivered my order is not ill or something. I hope the seller is okay - he hasn´t marked it as delivered and no reply to my message yet. I haven´t cancelled the order as I´m not in a rush and I did not order something important anyway. I hope nothing bad happened to him.