Seller not responding

heaven086

Hello all, I’ve been buying and selling on Fiverr for about 2 months now and never really had a bad experience untill now.

So I have ordered a proofreading gig for my ebook that is to be released on Amazon KDP. I sent a sample to the seller to get a price (this seller has done over 1000 and has 100% feed back), he messages me back with a really good price, we exchange a few more messages and then he tells me because me ebook is more than 2000 words I could order more. in total I’ve orderd 10 gigs worth of $50. Everything was going smoothly I was getting regular updates too. He then marked the gig as complete with no work sent with a message saying something along the lines of im just marking this as complete to avoid a fiverr late strike, as he said he needs a little more time with the ebook. So Im happy with this as I dont want the ebook to be rushed and wrong! 2 days later i pay the last $10 and he says can I have 36 hours to go through it twice and make sure its 100% all right. So i agree and he marks the gig as complete. This time I gave a review which was pretty good and recommended this seller but then time went by and i message 2 more times and get no reply, so i leave it a little longer as I know the seller is coming online because it says last online 40 minutes ago. I have remoned my review as of now but I cant understand why im getting nothing from him.

is there anyway to get my money back? as I feel he has stolen my work from me!

oldbittygrandma said: where it reads online "40 minutes ago"...I have found that to be innaccurate.

Yep, it's very inaccurate in my opinion, and Fiverr told me a while ago that those numbers get updated only from time to time, that's why it's inaccurate :)

But I would strongly suggest Fiverr to make it update instantly, or at least more often, because it's an important metric for many sellers and buyers - I, for one, look at that number to see if a buyer keeps wandering around Fiverr without considering to respond to my messages, and if I see that this happens I quickly send him a message into his fiverr inbox - and guess what? most of the time they respond if I do that :)

Archived